sunkenrock sunkenrock 18-21, M 10 Answers May 8, 2013 in Community

"If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” - Biologist Jonas Salk

Best Answer

that's a fact. but it doesn't actually change anything. sure it enlightens someones opinion, but not enough to act.

Best Answer

can you think of any parasites which kill themselves as well as there own kind?

Best Answer

yes we should. but i think we need a leader as no one really seems to striving yet. just some one to light all the matches.

Best Answer

Yes i can be selfish and think about myself,but i do help others in my jobs and that's a huge plus.

Best Answer

my question was kinda like if you look at mankind as a whole. but good for being honest.

Best Answer

No worries. You have a good day

Best Answer

Though I agree that many are selfish and spent most of their lives consuming. There is a very large number of people who give of themselves everyday in was that often go un noticed.

Besides doing for my family and my friends I volunteer at an animal shelter when ever possible. I try to live as green as reasonable. Make do with with I have. Re purpose many things we have. Many people do these things as well because they desire all the same things.

Yes there are a lot of takers out there. There always will be. This only becomes a problem when the takers out number the givers. Our current sociopolitical status has become an enabler of the taker. And we are very much feeling it's effects.

btw, what did you do for others today?

Best Answer

you are right, your a good example of what everyone should be leading themselves up to be. the thing is the takers do outnumber the givers, if you don't agree. look at the worlds history and today's society. the question is. how do we turn the tables. that's very funny you should say that. today, i haven't really done anything for others. but the day is not over.

Best Answer

No question we need to turn the table, but it's not easily down with out a majority consensus that there is actually a problem. Too many people think this (current status quo) is the right normal. This is because we as a society have become obsessed with wrongly placed compassion which allows for those who could do for themselves find it easier not to. I'm afraid the only way to reset this mentality is going to be only through catastrophic things like huge economic and infrastructure failure. In essence it has become a mind set that in the majority people expect things to always be in place. No longer can many fend for themselves breading a dependency on others and government. how many people can start a garden least have garden..
Don't fret over having not doing anything yet. I have confidence that you'll find something in your day to give back.

Best Answer

this is my last question. would you change the world if there was a clear and righteous path to follow.

Best Answer

All depends on what is perceive to be clear and righteous. These terms are often loaded with selfish indignation and imposed morals that place limitations on rights and freedoms. I believe in a more balanced world. A direct effect sort of thing where considerations of all things are a personal must before action is taken and when wrong actions are taken (adverse and definitive effects that limits an others personal rights and freedoms). Arbitration must include the established and "inalienable" rights of all.

Best Answer

well, let's just say. you change it the way you want it to be. As long as it's morally correct world, then i'd agree with you.

Best Answer

Exactly! the only stumbling block comes when we start to define morals. I think you and I both agree what they are and are good and necessary for a stable, safe and secure society. To walk morally, I first think of "The Golden Rule" ~ always treat others as you would want to be treated. So unless I'm a Masochist (which I am not) those I great each day I think I treat pretty good. lol Thank you for a great exchange.

Best Answer

yeah, it feels like the worlds losing it's morals. i kinda feel that a book of morals should be written. like every religion has a book explaining how to live and what should be done. but you don't really see a simple book about atheism. like one that kinda just teaches you to be a decent human being. without all this praise to one man and god. well, if you know of such a book. do tell. i'm not saying there isn't a book in existence that doesn't say things like this as there probably are. but i haven't heard of a book as big as a religious one. that actually changes peoples live to the extent that they follow and praise it. if there is such a book where it has all the good morally correct stuff from all the religions in the world without the kinda crazy old traditions. i'm saying this book change change everyone. but it should be the book of the future. as that's what's heading for us. and i'm not sure everyone is ready.

Best Answer

So true! I'm not sure of any one "grandiose" book such as you speak, perhaps it's being written and coming soon to a book store near you! lol. When we look around though, there are scatterings of writings on our behavior in areas of "morality" void of religion (atheism) but, these writings tend to be void of judgements. For example, "Politically Correct" which, is being pushed by those who have a belief that emotions should never be offended, claim that judgements are discriminatory and goodness will come from watering down or removing every word that "could" be upsetting making judgements on activities that could harm or individual or society a negative and to be avoided. Atheism as it appears now, tends to muddy the water with the lack of want for definitive leadership and definitive judgement. The reality in enacting any "morality" we must discriminate. So if you ask me, there absolutely needs to be some form of discrimination, we have to know wrong from right and the requires it. But discrimination and judgments have been given bad names but the current and populous society. The reason I believe is that any time someone tries to impose a value, I.E. work, discipline, responsibility it rocks the boat of those who have not had these things in their life. Also by nature, some people will naturally seek the lowest common denominator that allows them not to have to make effort. To counter these aspects of humanity it takes a great leader. A person who can motivate the majority of people to desire to "read that book" to in fact want to better for themselves and to care for those who naturally can not. A task quite monumental in it's achievement and miraculous in it's ability to hold a unity in mankind.

Best Answer

yes, but what are my chances of actually doing it. making this book. convincing people to read it. selling millions so that then the income can go towards the better of mankind. being the voice of this new kind of world. lol. not very high. a kid of 17 doesn't a chance of being heard or listened to by anyone. though i had an indea. that if this type of thing ever happened. the idol would be like an alias. the real people would be the public sharing there idea's. then like they'd be morally checked or whatever to then be promoted to what could or should be. anyway, i very much agree with what you've said. the last thing you said, a unity in mankind. i'd say that's the future.

Best Answer

If you have the where with all to put your thoughts to pen and paper I would encourage you to do so. It's a big world out there, but I think most are seeking truth. You will never know unless you try. I do know that "publishers" tend to go with what is marketable. Though I also have seen those things that hit home tend to go viral on YouTube. My recommendation, follow your heart and your hearts desires. Use what ever venue you think is apre'po for you to get your message out. You will always encounter cynics, you will do best to ignore them.

Best Answer

i guess, thank you. though you see, i'd rather try to change cynics. than just ignore them. if i encounter them in real life. like, just have a quick chat. i know some people have some things drilled in their head but everyone can change.

Best Answer

Do you think I have things "drilled" into my head? :)

Best Answer

Oh and for cynics, here's an ole' adage
"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference."

Best Answer

well, technically you could say that. for me as well. can you stop being a good person, or has it been drilled in your head to have good morals, and live a decent fair life. not saying i actually know anything. just thinking outside the box.

Best Answer

I like thinking outside the box, (and people who do) unless It's raining outside my box and I don't have a rain coat! ;) Any way, I could never stop being a good person, (I'm not sure if it was drilled or just appeared naturally) but I don't think being good is being cynical. In fact I think they are opposites of each other. Cynics tend to not be well versed on ethics and will often play the I can't I won't game which leads to not always doing good or right.

Best Answer

but not are cynics believe in god. oh yeah, lotusfloat asked me if i wanted to start this movement thing with them, just by making website or something. would you be in. like just post idea's and stuff like that. you have to ofcourse. you can do whatever you want to contribute to something like this.

Best Answer

haha, cool. probably appeared naturally. yeah, i see what you mean.

Best Answer

I think you should take lotusfloats advice! I'd certainly contribute some of my wisdom! lol let me know when you do this.

Best Answer

You'd have to be a cynic not to! lol

Best Answer

cool, thank you. yeah, i'll let you know

Best Answer

K

Best Answer

Yes we have become a race of consumers. Humans will eventually make themselves extinct on this planet.

Best Answer

yes, if we let it. but if the right people are in control. we would have a different outcome. the question is how do you make the whole population of mankind realize this. has anyone thought about that?

Best Answer

I realize the human race is human. Selfishness is a choice. I also see those who choose to help others, in spite of the selfishness.

Where your focus is, either reveals something within yourself.....depending on whether you are selfish or not.

Best Answer

are you asking me whether i'm selfish or not?
i just wanted to know if other people looked at mankind and realized how selfish it is and how it consumes. as well as will anyone do anything about it if they had a choice to make the world a fair and pretty even place to live in. but that's question for later. there's no point thinking about that if no even realizes in the first place

Best Answer

No, did not ask you that nor would I ask you that. I was just saying that I see the selfishness but I also see the unselfishness that co-exists. I like to believe that people give the best they can but whether that is true or not, God only knows. I imagine everyone can see that selfishness exists. I think the unselfishness is more difficult to see because it is good.

Best Answer

good answer. so do you believe that mankind should just try to co exist with each other. so do nothing as nothing needs to be done. and just live on.

Best Answer

Why would you think that I believe that? Otherwise, why not ask me what I believe needs to be done. What do you believe the solution is? Is this a part of your solution? If so, I see nothing wrong with it necessarily but seriously I am almost sorry I stopped to attempt a conversation. I am really seeing your point. Again, I have known that it exists. And what does it change whether you "want" the unselfish to co-exist with the selfish or not? Does your desire change anything for the world and how each person is or isn't? I would say, your choice to be unselfish is your best bet. I am not saying you aren't already, God knows, I am just saying that is the best place for everyone to start (if they want things to change).

Best Answer

hmm.... well, what i want. most people would probably say something that they'd want in their life. a big house, a beautiful wife and kids, or just a lot of money. sure those things are great to a lot of people but. i feel if i got everything i wanted for my life. i would feel a deep sense of injustice in my soul. i'd live my happy life but always knowing. that someone else in the world is dying because of a cause which isn't there fault. it was just because they were born in a really poor an undeveloped country. and a lot of people in the world have the philosophy that you keep what you earn. which is a fair way to live. but i'd have to take to fact that i could of easily could of been born somewhere else. somewhere i could only depend on others. but what if they're aren't any others. helping, making a change outside their own environment. so now, it's just the solution. in my opinion. every human being should realize the fact i just said. and do the right thing and not just carry on with there own life. I've had this vision sometimes. where i can just see everyone in the world. just doing what there doing. some working. some relaxing. just average daily life in let's say somewhere like the uk. or the U.S. just getting on with there life. then all of a sudden. everyone just stands still, just stops. the whole world gone silent. there's only the thoughts of people going on in the world. they'd think and just see if they were really well off. or just had average things. if they had nothing and if they had it all. they'd click in there head that not everyone has what they have. how much they own compared to the rest of the world. then things start to get moving. everyone just goes around. checking if everyone is ok. if they have the basic needs of living. people see how in their own country most people are ok. and rush to others to help everyone. basically mankind. helping it's self. i only think about one scene. when i think imagine it. just like a man in a suit about to walk in his building or something. then he and people around him freeze. there's a lot of love in the world. and there's a lot of hate. but i know that's never going to happen. so i believe i have to spread the word of this believe that we should all have basic human rights. i don't want pure peace and harmony in the world. just logical moral human rights for all.

Best Answer

Haven't you ever noticed when there is a catastrophe, the people seem to join together? It is true that calamity brings unity. Someone Great said something like this and it holds true today, don't worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Can you or anyone, by worrying, add a single hour to your life? Well can you?

Best Answer

...........ok, so what you are saying to me. well, what i'm getting of you by you saying that, is that. we as the people do nothing and wait until the small minority in charge make a catastrophic decision. which will then bring us together in the end. but if something that catastrophic were to happen. millions of people would die. i understand that you are religious, and that sounds ******* crazy. i understand that your god sees and influences all, but if that's correct. surely he'd influence you to stop and act before something catastrophic were to happen. god doesn't make things happen, right. he can only influence them to happen through people. yes? then you should realize if nobody is going to do something if something catastrophic is gunna happen, you know that only you could stop it as you live on this earth and are apart of it. so everything that happens on this earth is god influencing people. you'd know the right thing to do. you wouldn't need god to tell you what to do. there should just be that feeling inside. it can be called many things. god, ones own will power. soul. i'd like to think that every human has it. oh yeah, to that last thing you said. yes, you can. if i felt like i was in danger and worried about it enough to get out of danger. and it saved my life. it would of saved about 70 years. so if i worried about a catastrophe which could end my life as well as others. i'd think i'd worry about tomorrow. here's two quotes. Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein.
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. John Wayne.

Best Answer

Nope, again, not what I was saying at all. Maybe this will clear up what I was/am saying. Below is a link to a great place for you to actually do something. It is a place actually sponsored by EP. Look through the causes and pick one or two, and join them. Like many men and women already participating (see there are people who aren't selfish after all), you too can make a difference! http://www.causes.com/

Best Answer