jthitt jthitt 56-60, M 14 Answers May 21, 2012

The Anti-Christ is the "antithesis" of Christ. Christ is benevolent, while the AntiChrist will be apparently benevolent, but self-serving. Christ built a bridge from man to God, the anti-Christ expands the divide by getting people to worship self or himself instead of God.

I believe you are sincere in asking the question, but it is a silly question. The degree of evil in the "Anti-Christ" so far exceeds simple sinfulness as to not be in the same category. The church is simply an organization made up of finite and sinful humans who do the best they can at the time. The best of men are not that good. I find all the criticism of faith to be tiresome. In fact, we as humans are prone to conflict and only put our desires and wills aside when there is something bigger than ourselves on which we are focused. That is why 911 brought out the unity in the USA and then after a while selfishness started to emerge again (human nature). The world after the second coming is to be a world without selfishness and that will be heavenly.

In a sense the self-satisfaction that underlies the question and some of the explanatory material proves the basic problem....we are sinners by nature. Christianity is about grace, about realizing we can't do it ourselves and need a savior. Sometimes christians can get off message, but that is a human problem, not a problem with Christianity itself.

It is apparent that you have never seriously studied theology if you can say that Jesus claimed to be the "Son of Man" but not the "Son of God." You have no idea that scripture is a "whole" not merely discreet parts to be used to prove points at will. It is your choice to not believe.

Best Answer

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness.

Best Answer

Ah, but you are wrong. I am a scholar of early christianity. I have read some of the gospel texts in koine greek and what little Aramaic I know, and have found GROSS and intentional changes in translations. I am a student of the teachings of Jesus, and I can assure you that Jesus and Christianity are so far apart that they are mutually exclusive Christianity has become the Pharisees that Jesus sought to enlighten. Read the various bible verses given through these answers.

Best Answer

No. I don't agree. You see those who live contrary to the teachings of Christ are not Christians, just like real terrorists are not Muslims. Christians feed and clothe the poor. Comfort prisoners, and provide company for the lonely. If it wasn't for Christians the majority of the homeless would be wearing rags and eating garbage. (Of course the US has some pretty edible garbage.) Christians go to third world countries and build clinics and schools. They dig wells, and teach better farming techniques. They provide mosquito nets to malaria ravaged countries. They die by the hundreds of thousands every year in their efforts to help people. A lot of the things that have been listed in the other long answer are either opinion, or a personal interpretation of the writer. I personally am a Christ fan. I can't rightly call myself a Christian these days.

Best Answer

I can't think of a more perfect fit. There is such great deception in Christianity. I am convinced that christians worship the devil but call it God.

Jesus said, judge not. Christianity says - judge everyone. Be fruit pickers.

Jesus said "fear not evil". Christianity says to fear evil.

Jesus said “resist not evil”. Christianity says to turn away from it.

Jesus said that the kingdom of heaven is WITHIN YOU - thus it is here – NOW. Christianity says it's OUTSIDE of you and it is where christians go AFTER they die.

Jesus said do NOT pray in churches. Christians are told to pray in churches.

Jesus said do NOT pray in public. Christians are told to pray in public.

Jesus said to follow him, you must give up all that you own and trust that you will be taken care of. Christians don’t dare do this. They put their faith in money.

Jesus said that even the most spiritually bankrupt (corrupt/evil) are (also) of the kingdom of heaven (a unified field concept). Christianity says they're of the kingdom of Satan. (a concept that requires time to be something that it is provably NOT)

Jesus said to love your enemies and do good to those who do not love you. Christianity says to correct them, chastise them, or even go to war against them when leaders whom God has placed over you tell you to.

Jesus said to give unto Caesar that which is Ceasar’s, and give unto God that which is God’s. Christianity says to give unto God that which is Caesar’s (money and fear).

Jesus said to see no human as more important than yourself. Christiannity says that God placed leaders above you to rule over you.

Jesus said to swear no oaths. Christianity swear’s oaths – whether as a Pledge of Allegiance or the oath of office/witnesses/jury duty, etc.

Jesus said to love yourself, for as you love yourself and the least of those among you, you love god (thus redefining God because We are god). Christianity says to debase yourself before those whom God has placed over you.

Jesus said you are powerful creatures – gods in your own right. What you ask for WILL be given. Christianity says you are powerless.

Jesus told you how to use your innate power for your own protection and wellbeing. Christianity says that those who use it are evil.

Jesus said that YOU are the light of the world. Christianity says that Jesus is.

Best Answer

so true.

Best Answer

I take it then, that you reject the bulk of the New Testament. I also take it that you reject Jesus' statement that upon Peter's statement of the truth of who Jesus is, Jesus would build his church?
You can make all sorts of arguments against how humans practice Christianity. Yet, was the writer of Hebrews being part of the Anti-Christ for saying not to give up on coming together for worship as some do?
It is easy to occupy a place of being high and mighty and exercizing judgement over all with whom you disagree, calling them anti-christ, etc. Yet, the whole poiint of Christianity is to restore men and women to relationship with God because we are as to our natures sinful and easily deceived. You seem more like the sort of teacher who satisfy the desires of those wanting to hear that they have no accountability.
I will grant you that your comments sound attractive at first. They are, however, deceptive. They take concepts out of context and do violence to the basic idea.
Bottom line...Christ came to seek and to save the lost. The lost are those who are dead in their trespasses and sins. Absent a saving relationship with Jesus (No man comes to the father [heaven] except through me) they are without hope.
Christianity is not and has never been about personal power. Power corrupts, as the saying goes, and absolute power corrupts absolutley.
Jesus humbled himself by washing the feet of his followers. You may have stuided much but registered little and integrated less. My fear is that people will read that and think you make sense because the ring of truth overshadows the lies and distortions. I have only addressed a few of your statements but like the asker of the question, I have to believe you were just trying to get a discussion going by being silly, because the things you say sound good but are without merit.

Best Answer

You clearly misunderstand. Jesus required us to accept TOTAL responsibility for our lives because there are very REAL consequences for our decisions (and I'm not speaking of the Christian Hell here - that Jesus never spoke of). Paul relieves you of that responsibility. If you do as JESUS said to do, you will live a far more satisfying life than if you ignore Jesus' teachings. You will find the kingdom of heaven and take counsel from it and ALL that you ask for is given. Ultimately, the choice is yours, but those who do not DO as Jesus said to DO will never find the kingdom of heaven that is WITHIN THEM (Luke 17:21). Jesus taught an amazing lesson that Christianity has corrupted and turned into a vile distortion that teaches people to walk opposite to his teachings. It has turned Christianity into a monster.

Best Answer

Well, in my study of prophecy from the Book of Revelation; it has been said by "scholars and students of the Bible" that the Harlot could be the "church" (specifically Catholic but since they are christians, by default, doesn't that mean THE church???).I have always wondered that if that the bible was not looked at by christians to apply to themselves; the anti-christ is always "without" not "within" and this is a GRAVE sin to have so much pride that one does not "examine themselves". Irony in the most wicked form.

I think that Gail clearly states that the "gospel" that Jesus preached is NOT the same thing that the church preaches today; I believe that totally. Seriously, since I believe now that the Jesus story is "just that"...a story, I would say that Jesus "would roll over in his grave" to hear how his words have been twisted into a multi-godzillian $$$$ industry; makes me want to barf!!!

Best Answer

oh yeah.

Best Answer

I've been saying this on here, since being on EP. Yes. To me the Bible was made up by Templar Knights Freemasons. Always a secret group since the time of Christ to make the world a New World Order in using this Christ Story to Subjugate others into the mold of this New World Order. It's been all this from getting others into this Wall Street Stuff, Consumerism and Politics to deceive everything by calling it for Christ sake's and for God. Needing the idea that this backs them up. Even this is taken with the KKK's that have used Christianity. And Nazism. Is only waiting in subversive manners to get control of the Government we think not. It all came from Spanish Inquisitions by Horsemanship conquering the world wanting and justifying having Slaves and fighting for it. I think even the Civil War was for some on the equal rights side had some hieratic views of what Christianity was trying to go with itself.

Best Answer

Which sense would that be?

Best Answer

the sixth sense

Best Answer

Hmm. My gut feeling tells me your statement above does not ring true.

Best Answer

so what does that make me?

Best Answer

Antichristian perhaps???

Best Answer

Yes, it is utter paranoid madness.

Best Answer

No...Nero was the antichrist, I'm almost certain. But Revelation was written to comfort 1st century Christians who were getting antsy that Christ hadn't returned yet. People have been certain that anyone they didn't like was the antichrist, probably since about 175 AD.

Best Answer