LeMartin LeMartin 18-21, M 21 Answers Aug 16, 2012 in Religion

Believing in god is not about knowledge as no on can ever prove the existence of god. I havent believed in organized religion in years, but look at the ocean, the sky, etc and I cant deny that there is something that always was! Looking back, I did believe in a power greater than myself, I just didnt think that it had anything to do with my life, ! I am in AA now, and I still am not religious, I but i do have a spiritual relation with a power greater than myself who I call god(I am lazy and god is much easier to say!) ^ million people died in Nazi concentration camps, so does god care if I drink(or if Tebow scores touchdowns) - No, I dont think so, but when I have this belief and keep in constant contact with the god of MY understanding, I care if I drink!

Best Answer

Excellant answer; I think your God and mine are the same.

Best Answer

The Bible predicted that people would be calling good evil and evil good in the last days. In my perspective the idea that it is "just wrong" to believe in God is a case of calling something good "evil".

Best Answer

Common really? i really don't like when people put something their "holy book" says, make an argument of your own.

Best Answer

Is believing in god really good though? Isn't it sort of a cop out when it comes to a lot of things like taking responsibility for your own actions?
I treat people nice because I want to. I volunteer because I want to.

Best Answer

I do not believe. I don't care if others believe, I just wished they would stop imposing their religion on others. Freedom of religion is for EVERYONE including those that DO NOT want religion.

Best Answer

Amen to that!

Best Answer

True ! liked this answer.

Best Answer

And yet, for all that knowledge, we still can't spell 'knowledge' right.

Best Answer

Sorry, english is not my natal language, hope that's ok

Best Answer

hey nobody's purrfec!

Best Answer

I apologize. There are a lot of people on here who were raised speaking English but can't be bothered to type correctly. I just assumed you were one of them. Again, I apologize.

Best Answer

That's all right i know what you mean, nad yeah i still have to work on my english, at least my writing xD

Best Answer

You'll get there. If you don't mind me asking, what was your first language?

Best Answer

My first language is Spanish :)

Best Answer

You're lucky you're able to learn other languages. I've always been horrible at it.

Best Answer

I do believe in God and always will.

Best Answer

Are you sure? maybe you should open yourself to the posibility that there's a chance you change your mind, don't hang on so hard to your beliefs, be open-minded about everything :)

Best Answer

I have looked at life from both sides - see my answer

Best Answer

Nope, I believe in God and always will!

Best Answer

This girl don't agree I am a believer myself

Best Answer

I think it is just a matter of how one is brought up, i'm guessing you have the same belief as some people in your family, like most of us do, but i think you only have to do a balance to see that it just doesn' make any sense, even though it brings comfort to people

Best Answer

There is not much to living without hope I am happy with the way I believe as you should be with your belief

Best Answer

Is not living without hope, i don't have any belief, i think theres no purpose on life, and when we die we die, that's what makes my life much more enjoyable, for me every second counts !

Best Answer

As long as you're happy you can think what ever you like I am not here to push my beliefs on anyone just answering your question that's all...

Best Answer

Ok i know, that's perfectly fine with me :)

Best Answer

Following the known religions is wrong in my book but I let people make their own mistakes. Maybe being agnostic is fine since it's really not siding with any religion.

Best Answer

If that's the case, why not being an atheist? an atheist is a person who doesn't believe in a high power of any kind.
People often think that atheists are completely sure that there is no God, or don't accept the possibility but since you can't prove or disprove a negative, you have to be open to anything, but that doesn't mean it's 50-50, for me it's like 99,99-0,01 hehe there might be a God, but it's remote-.

Best Answer

I can see plenty wrong with people who think they know-it-All.

Best Answer

Exactly !

Best Answer

Sometimes, but then again, if you don't believe in something, what's your purpose on earth?

Best Answer

Who said we have a purpose..?
what's the purpose of butterflies? we all love the idea of having a purpose here on earth but the truth is maybe there isn't any..

Best Answer

That's true, but what's really our purpose on earth if we are gonna die anyways? Death is inevitable. Why are we? Are we even here? Or are we really somewhere else when we die? Why are spirits still here? Do we go up to heaven? Is there a heaven? Or is there a hell? Is there an afterlife? Many questions that science hasn't yet discovered.

Best Answer

Well, it's probably because some of those questions make no sense, just apply it to another being other than ourselves and you'll see is not even a fair question, is like asking what colour is jealousy?....
is there a heaven? no, i don't think so, when you die, worms eat you, plants grow higher, etc the matter never disappears, it only transforms into something else, even if it was an answer to any of these questions i'm sure god or a creator has nothing to do with it

Best Answer

How do you know? When it comes to the paranormal, those questions exist. If you don't believe in it, which I highly doubt it, then I'll just let you believe what you believe because I would rather let someone else have their beliefs than force my beliefs onto them. I could see that you have a strong belief that God or gods possibly don't exist, and I'm ok with that, I'm friends with people who have totally different beliefs than I do and I'm alright with that because it's more of a learning experience for me. One of my biggest fears is become those idiots who force their beliefs onto other people because they believe their beliefs is the right ones. So just to remind you, I'm not gonna further this argument because you have your views of life and I have mine so I bid you a farewell and I enjoyed learning from your beliefs, thank you.

Best Answer

ok that's cool, just a little mistake i have no beliefs that is what makes me an atheist :)

Best Answer

Ya, I had a feeling you were atheist.

Best Answer

haha love when people say that, there's something about that terme that sometimes get people uncomfortable, for some people is one thing to say you don't believe in god but other thing to say you're an atheist ! oh no! hehe

Best Answer

Haha I don't have a problem with it

Best Answer

who really knows anything.

Best Answer

If theres no God then life becomes meaningless. It keeps me going knowing that one day Ill die and go to a place better than here. If this life is it and nothing more then kill me now. Please.

Best Answer

All what knowledge?

Best Answer

Hahaha.<br />
As someone else had previously stated...<br />
: in the end days evil will be presented as good and good as evil.<br />
Everyone is so blind.<br />
You think of god and you automatically feel rebellious and think of "hypocritical christians"...but to me..,and I'm not religious..<br />
Its so obvious that "god" exists.<br />
NO ONE CAN EVER EXPLAIN WHAT HE IS or how it feels to just be in understanding with the earth and nature and COMMON MORALS. And everything that is too coincidental or miraculous.<br />
I can't give you text book answers on my free faith in the creator. Its just a "I know" type deal...<br />
But the end is coming. To this world of travesty...and it just seems so silly..in these days of desperation that idiots would rather believe in NOTHING when there is nothing but good that comes from just believing in something. God will hopefully give grace on your ignorance. The worlds ignorance. And btw...its so funny how non believers love to pull the freedom of speech bs, when you are the people driving the literature and talks of a god out of our WHOLE ENTIRE EXISTENCE?! But keep feeling sorry for yourselves...we feel bad for you too :(<br />
People are to lazy these days to turn their brains on and think about what's really going on around them! Hahahaha

Best Answer

"It's so obbious that "god" exists " hahaha i lol'd ! You just happen to believe in god because of the place you were born. You say noone can ever explain what he is....and yet you say this with absolute confidence as if you knew for sure there is something out there...it is just the worst argument..if you can call it that way, you haven't seen it, but you "know" is there that is just absurd and arrogant.
My view is just that people should doubt, i don't know either, but what if i told you there is a pink unicorn somewhere in space but you cannot see him...you would think i'm crazy! but if instead i use the word "god" suddenly i know what im talking about...haha that's nonsense !

Best Answer

NO; I am awestruck that so much knowledge is allowed by our Creator.

Best Answer

Nope totally believe

Best Answer

The chicken that god created

Best Answer

So god came out of nothing?

Best Answer

what did the human race come from??

Best Answer

You didn't answer my question. you answer mine and i'll answer yours.

Best Answer

God alwsys was even before he created earth do I know what exactly happend no but do you people think you can explain everything there's sometimes you can't. Explain where everything csme from and just for giggles explain why the Bible says he would make us rulers of worlds 2000+ years before worlds was ever discovered and wrote in the( book)

Best Answer

Believing in the Judeo-Christian god, Yes. Believing in a Creator, disagree.

Best Answer

Really?

Best Answer

Yup. You know the Universe created math, right? We didn't create it, we discovered it.

Best Answer

I would have to disagree on that, since the Universe is no creator...and yes we did create math, the language of nature

Best Answer

Well if it's the language of nature, then what created nature? Either way, what's your opinion on phi? It's a ratio that you can apply to just about every living thing.

Best Answer

The world started with the big bang, and now we know by the theory of Higgs that has been proved right just months ago, that matter can come out of nothing, out of empty space, and it has been tested, so there's no need for a creator no more.

Best Answer

What made matter come out of nothing? and Where do we go when we die? We'll never stop asking questions, although most people don't ask the right questions.

Best Answer

Oh common why is it so hard to be skeptical, and ok let's asume you're right, there is a god, sooo??? does that affect my life? no ! i hasn't changed for more than 18 years, i still going to be a person of science and reason.
Being skeptical always leads you to the truth.

Best Answer

It's not hard to be skeptical, because it's a natural (or at least it should be) human response. It doesn't affect your life unless you let it. Viewing this entity as a "god" is the worst lie you could believe. There is no hell. There IS an afterlife, but we live in one of the densest realities so our souls can progress. I recommend checking out Journey Of Souls by Michael Newton.

Best Answer