TheLostFable TheLostFable 13-15, F 21 Answers Mar 9 in Community

yes! besides some people should be banned

Best Answer

Why ban them? They would make a new profile anyway.

Best Answer

Nope , Even my children know it's simple enough to just ignore contacts that just might be of a perverse nature , Besides EP Policy is clear on this subject , Report the user name of such a contact to help@experienceproject.com <br />
EP Support Volunteer Paschar

Best Answer

Amen, brother!

Best Answer

And a Hearty Shalom bro

Best Answer

Reporting does nothing if it just one person. Need so much more that just hat from EP. All my privacy settings are on but it blocks 16-17 year olds but not anyone else and I'm not the only one who has this problem. EP is a joke when it comes to protecting!

Best Answer

TheLostFable , It seems that you fail to understand my point , Ignore the words of the troll types and just don't feed them their ego cookies / Your whiteboard and EP Mail both have the Delete options / NEVER reply back to a pervert ( Only you have the power to protect yourself ) Keep this in mind : It's not as if they can jump through your computer screen and grab you now is it .

Best Answer

Blocking protects me, I can protect myself.
Reporting does nothing.
Ignoring them will just send them to someone who is more vulnerable. Who will give out her address and so on.
I can protect myself as my mum taught me well. I'm worried about other girls that why I'm trying so hard to expose and raise attention.

Best Answer

I've been here 8 years as a support member myself and I do know that reporting violators works as in this week alone 60 such accounts were deleted under the provisions of Article 14 Self-Policing: The community is self-policing, and you can flag any piece of content, or any member for review. Experience Project staff is not able to actively examine content unless it is brought to our attention using the flagging mechanisms.
Members Violating Any of the Above Can and Will be Removed from the Site without notice. / So in summary EP Staff has always been well aware of the issue . Just talk to your teen friends and advise them of the same

Best Answer

Tell EP to fix its settings so perverts can't contact me!

Best Answer

Again , Ignore , Block then Delete such Contacts

Best Answer

Can you tell EP to fix its settings so they actually work!? If all my settings are ON, I shouldn't be exposed to this kind of stuff.

Best Answer

you already have this option / Communication Settings
Block members from communicating with me who:Have profiles flagged as 'adult'/'mature'
(recommended)
Are not in my circle [X] Click [SAVE]

Best Answer

Yes I have them on, always have done! Right from the first day! So can you tell EP to fix these settings so they work?

Best Answer

Then only those in your Circle of friends should be able to communicate with you .

Best Answer

Exactly! Surprise! Doesn't work and I'm not the only one this hasn't worked with.

Best Answer

I reported them. I guess then I am assured that that person's profile will be deleted.

Best Answer

Yes! Some dude named Parrot or something has a thread up about mothers and their sons and sexual attraction. He blocked me, then I counter blocked him too, but first I reported the sick freak. No, you do NOT ever ignore something like that, report it, and if necessary call the cops. I hate sick freaks like that!

Best Answer

Thank you! Someone else that's think ignoring them is a lazy way of dealing with it. Anyone who tries it with me gets there own little story post on here :)

Best Answer

Good for you, girl!

Best Answer

Definitely. The community could be divided, so teenagers will have their own place on EP and adult pervs won't bother them. With the user's help, it's easier to catch an underage in the adult section or a perv impersonating a teen in their area. Many people (I'm including teenagers and adults here) should not be exposed to things that a small group of people wants to share.

Best Answer

Exactly! You've hit the nail on the head! Separate the two from each other. Then it would be easier to police the ones who are lying about their age!

Best Answer

They used to by disallowing PMs to them unless the minor initiated contact but I guess too many lied about their age so they could hide behind that rule.<br />
To be perfectly honest, aren't there other sites for...ahem...children?

Best Answer

Maybe but EP allows them on here so we have a right to be here and EP should make sure this site is safe for the children they allow on here.

Best Answer

Did you read the part about people lying about their age so they could get away with being rude with impunity?
If someone pervs you just report them. EP is reactive, I see no reason for them to be proactive. Part of your "rights" should be to act as an adult would since you choose to interact with adults. I think you have a privilege, not a right. :)

Best Answer

I have reported it but reporting does nothing. Nah I'll just wait until this turns into Facebook and gets rape stories every day. I have all my privacy settings ON and yet they can message me! That is beyond poor from EP but that is just apart of their "We have this, we do this" rubbish.

Best Answer

I do .. what's wrong with all those people...they need medical help!

Best Answer

Yeah.

Best Answer

Yeah definitely.

Best Answer

Most certainly. <br />
Though I suspect that it is not being reported properly. If it was they might have a better idea of the scale of the problem.

Best Answer

True, it is a felony to try to solicit underage children for sex online. Report them!

Best Answer

Yup that's why I always report them and write a story releasing the chat they had with me.

Best Answer

EP probably need to have a few more police officers posing as young girls.
Though I think EP is pretty loose on who they allow to join. I had to provide an email address, but no other id. Not even a valid credit card number. That is significant as they don't really know who I am, at best they can trace the IP address back to the location where it was used (though I think there are ways around that too).

Best Answer

Yes. Young people & perverts should be asked to meet in a dark alley or intimate room with candlelight, strong wine, and phenobarbital smoothies and just talk their differences out!

Best Answer

Do you realize that what you just posted is a crime? You better block me now, because I am coming after you, sicko.

Best Answer

Absolutely...

Best Answer

Not really, if you are not smart enough to take care of yourself you shouldn't be on the internet at all.

Best Answer

I agree that you should be smart enough to use EP but to let anyone of any age contact minors is not right and there is no need for it.

Best Answer

Just ignore them?

Best Answer

Yea yea ignore them until they hit on a vulnerable girl who is 13 and she sends this person nudes and stuff, or worse, they meet up... She gets rapped and murdered by a 33 year old. Yea keep ignoring.

Best Answer

Are you an idiot? Just ignore them? People like you just cause the problem to become even greater. Someday, if you have a child, I hope no one does that to him or her. You may rethink your stance then.

Best Answer

Ignoring isn't the answer any more than turning a blind eye to bullies. BTW I've heard that some of those pervs behave like bullies.

Best Answer