MizzyH MizzyH 36-40, F 7 Answers Dec 29, 2013 in Community

I have to work tomorrow so it's not hardly a holiday for me.

Best Answer

Not that I want to be hung over, but for me, it helps me realize I'm not a 20 year old anymore with a liver made of steel. So I drink my butt off on New Years so the next morning I can remind myself why I shouldn't do it for the rest of the year.

Works for about 3 days... Much like the ready of my New Years resolutions...

Best Answer

Me and my husband both agree. We stopped drinking a long time ago. I don't even bother to stay up anymore.

Best Answer

On that part I agree. I do however think that it is good for a "stopping point" to look back and reflect on decisions and events past, and seek to make better choices when needed for the upcoming year.

Best Answer

I agree... at the same time, with booze involved, more than likely you will regret something new, on the first day of the year lol

Best Answer

That's the problem though. People tend to assume that New Year = excessive drinking. The New Year part isn't the problem but society's limited ability to celebrate it is.

Best Answer

I used to think going out and drinking was a great time and a fun way to celebrate the new year... maybe I'm just getting old.

Best Answer

I think it gets old to a point. Sadly people would rather follow the masses (in excessive drinking) than to take the risk in doing something different.

Best Answer

I hate turning on the news to so many stories of people dying because of drinking and driving

Best Answer

Unfortunately that happens on a daily basis.

Best Answer

Where i love they make a point of it on.new years. Its nothing to hear of five or ten deaths on new years but maybe one in a week the rest of the year. Same with independence day

Best Answer

Valid point.

Best Answer