been abandoned or abused tend to hurt or get hurt by their partners.
AncientTurkey AncientTurkey 66-70, F 7 Answers Dec 23, 2012 in Romance & True Love

Yes it can but it doesn't mean that you have to blame your childhood every time you hurt somebody, we're all responsible for our own actions.

Best Answer

Absolutely right.

Best Answer

Agreed. I don't know why life seems to be so unfair. Those born into good loving families, tend to marry partners who are good for them, while those who have already suffered a great deal in their family of origin, tend to go on to marry partners who cause them additional pain.

Best Answer

Sometimes people who who had a lack of love growing up look for a home and attention in the wrong partners. A good way to find someone to have a special bond with is to be close to a person who is respectful, fair, trustworthy, and accepts you no matter what.

Best Answer

I understand the mechanism behind it; I just haven't come to terms with the unfairness of it being so.

Best Answer

agreed :-) very wise advice.

Best Answer

To Bernice Republican: I know you mean well, but it's not about going after looks as you mentioned to someone else here. It's not about going after money. It's about a subconscious pull on the part of two people to somehow try to "fix" the past, by repeating the problem, thus giving them another chance to make things right -- however it rarely goes that way. As far as your suggestion to "be close to a person who is respectful, fair, trustworthy and accepts you no matter what" -- where is this person? I've been trying to make a friend who will stick around for as long as I can remember. The only people I have been able to forge that kind of relationship with are my son and his fiancee. This world works against long term friendships, because people are either geographically mobile or are simply too busy and overwhelmed with their own families and responsibilities.

Best Answer

Keep looking and keep your eyes open for these types, they do exist but are often shy. It's crooked men and women who hurt the good types and that is the reason why these good people are too afraid to look.

Best Answer

yes of course family abuse not only affect love life but also disturb mantle power

Best Answer

Absolutely!!! I am living proof. I had allot of child abuse. I still get into the wrong relationships. I am haunted by my past even with medication, therapy, groups, reading books and buying CD's( self help).

It's a struggle and hardship.

There are days I want to give up.

But what has saved me is the love of my animals. And volunteering at animal shelters and helping people in need.

I'm not sure if I will ever love/ relationship again. But life is worth getting up and trying everyday.

Best Answer

Yes, Its as if childhood victims end up with an invisible tattoo across they foreheads.

Best Answer

not overly comfortable going into detail about me and with my ex she had her own experiences,we were a toxic combination in the bedroom,kink is one thing but we were just hurting each other by the end of our relationship,she will never know how much I love her but loving her was accepting that what we had was more about sharing something as dirty as we have been made feel

Best Answer

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you guys heal and find your right matches. It's like pushing a puzzle piece that does not fit, a good relationship eases its way together.

Best Answer