Gene86 Gene86 26-30, F 19 Answers Oct 22, 2012 in Health

Rice, pasta, beans, oatmeal. Bought in the big industrial size quantities. Its pretty low cost AND pretty healthy.

Best Answer

this and a few vegetables...can really go a long way

Best Answer

Hellboy to the rescue! If reference is lost Ron Perlmen plays hellboy.
Thank you so so much for your answer, I appreciate it. My husband has cut me off of beans, but rice pasta and oatmeal all the way. :)

Best Answer

some stuff goes bad if you get too much, but what you have is great.

Best Answer

KD, pancakes, (homemade), sandwiches, soup. Potato salad, (can last for days in the fridge or freezer)

Best Answer

MMM I do make good potato salad!

Best Answer
Best Answer

HAHA She's talking about where I shop!

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing.

Best Answer

Make homemade soups (chicken, vegetables) make it and put it in containers and put in the freezer.

Best Answer

That is a great idea!!! Thank you! I don't know why I didn't think of that!! My Aunt had gotten me a crock pot for my engagement party, I forgot about it, it should be perfect!!

Best Answer

Go Gene! ;)

Best Answer

Don't celebrate yet, not until I successfully made something edible in it. Im a great cook, when I am using what I know. BUT BUT I am excited to try NEW

Best Answer

That would be great. Use your crock pot.

Best Answer

Food stamps<br />
Or road kill<br />
Whatever floats your boat

Best Answer

If all else fails... I might go with the food stamps... road kill wouldn't fit in the vegetarian diet. ;) lol

Best Answer

Not if you hit a vegetable lol

Best Answer

LMAO!! I hope your talking about a carot "Vegetable" lol

Best Answer

Look online for crock pot ( aka: dutch oven) recipies

Best Answer

I will, since that just reminded me that I actually have one. :) I have had it for over a year, and never took it out of the box. Im so silly.

Best Answer

Get plenty of fresh veggies and fruit. The pasta and other low priced foods are good but you should read the lables. Coupons are a good way to go especially if you find a store that has double coupon days. Hopd he finds a job soon.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for the idea's, AND the support!!

Best Answer

Turkey Burgers with Carmelized Onions and Baby Portobello Mushrooms ( they are just as cheap as the white button ones only better). This is my family' favorite right now.

Best Answer

penut butter and jelly

Best Answer

By the tons lol

Best Answer

pb and j is the bomb, toast the bread and it rocks, get the cheap p and jelly, it's the same.

Best Answer

Actually, I don't know if you have one where you live. Im not sure which country you live in. But theres a store near us, called Aldi's bless them they have EVERYTHING so cheap. There own name brands. They don't give you bags, which cuts down on price as well. And I think most of there stuff inc. pb and J, is better than the normal.

Best Answer

Hamburger helper, tuna helper

Best Answer

Baked potato with fresh salad and cheese

Best Answer

Get Like potpies n.burritos. frozen.cheap Food. Food is.Food. ramen noodles. L.kinds.cheap stuff

Best Answer

no prob im from england what they call a black country girl that means from the middle part here is a tip get some shin beef or brisket any low cost steak cut into cubes, carrotts, parsnips, onion, beef stock cubes x3 ,potatoes , herbes time and sage brown meat put in cassarole add veg then beefstock and pots fill with water to top put lid on and cook at 150 for 4/5 hours perfect with crusty bread and butter mmmmm

Best Answer

THAT WILL be tomoro nights diner. I have all of those things!! He will love that! Thank you thank you!

Best Answer

homemade bread, beans, bologna

Best Answer

I was thinking about learning to make my own bread. :) So, thanks for reminding me to look that up

Best Answer

you are welcome. and there are all different kind too. rolls, loaves, biscuits, cornbread, cakes...the net is full of ideas...

Best Answer

It sure is. We have a used book store a few blocks from us with cooking books for 1-5 bucks. Maybe they have something just on bread!

Best Answer

Go to angel food ministries. There cheap food boxes with meat, veggies, snacks,and other things you can choose the box and they are like 30 bucks lasts the whole month. Just google it and on there page will tell you where they have one close in your area :) good luck, and keep your head up things will get better.<br />
Also go to pinterest they have a lot of dinner ideas. If you tell me ur guys likes I can tell you some meal ideas

Best Answer

He loves meat, and im a vegetarian. The only meat he doesnt like is ham. And I don't do Tofu. Other than that we eat everything. :) lol

Best Answer

Here are some great meals to make when money is tight.. I'll keep looking as well.
http://family.go.com/food/pkg-low-cost-recipes-from-a-real-mom/

Best Answer

Thank you so much, I am going to bookmark the heck out of that page!!!

Best Answer

store brand stuff is ok, rice and beans, with chicken, rice and eggs, can veggies, rice and chicken, use the bargin stuff at the store, it tastes the same, most times made by same mnfr.

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer

Eat your own plop

Best Answer

sorry that person was so rude. there is no sense in behaving like that

Best Answer

Thank you, I don't let that silly stuff ruin my day when there are much more wonderful people out there. They must have had a bad day.

Best Answer

There's no reason to give that person attention for his behavior, it would've been better to just ignore it, like Gene86 did.

Best Answer

Lol everyone is overreacting, it's a joke so laugh you plop heads lmaooo

Best Answer