I have Asperger's Syndrome and Attention Deficit Disorder, or A.D.D. (Not to be confused with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, or A.D.H.D.)
hhcoolmv1 hhcoolmv1 18-21, F 11 Answers Apr 27, 2012

1. Classical music very low in the background.

2. Stretch or walk around if you need to get the 'movement' out of the way.

3. Make two piles. One for the 'need' to get out of the way, and the other for 'to do later'.

That's all I can offer.

Best Answer

Put Aside All Distractions... And Know What You Want To Do And Do Don't Think About It Just Do It. I Too Have ADD And Is Hard For Me To Focus I Listen To Music And Forget About Everything Except The One Thing And Once Is Done I Pick One Thing That Needs To Be Done And I Do It And I Go Like That Until Everything That Needs To Be Done Is Finished.(:

Best Answer

1. Don't multi-task. Focus on one thing at a time.

2. Pick an environment area that you feel most focus or feel a good vibe studying. Even at the oddest area. Usually the Library is good.

3. Make a 'to do list' of your priorities.

4. Limit distractions

5. Take breaks between study hours.

Best Answer

Give yourself a time limit that you will complete a task. Like for 30 minutes I will work on such and such. I will not get up or do anything else. If you don't complete the task then get up stretch and give yourself 15 minutes more.

Best Answer

RITALIN

Best Answer

I already take that medicine!

Best Answer

Umm, hmm, idk I don't even have those disorders and I can't stay focused for my life! So maybe don't try so hard to not be distracted..? Sometimes that's what i do. I play music and turn on the tv when I'm working and it actually helps me stay on task..weird reverse type thing but it works for me.

Best Answer

I think vitamin B12 REALLY helps. I haven't been able to focus much lately, and I've noticed I haven't been taking my B12 lately either.

Best Answer

I though Aspergers helped with keeping focused?

My friend has it and he says that it makes monotonous tasks seem fun because he never gets bored etc.

Best Answer

It can, but for me, only with things I find fun! Combined with A.D.D. , it makes for an ultimate distraction!

Best Answer

A planner.. a chart.. stop watch.. feedback and redirection from others

Best Answer