I mean MARIJUANA
hayir hayir 18-21, F 16 Answers Nov 28, 2012 in Addiction

Handle one addiction at a time, hayir. Smoking a drinking are both deadly, but I dealt with my drinking and drugging first because they were ruining my life. maybe you should look for help in dealing with your drinking. AA helped me get clean, sober and happy!

Best Answer

Thank you. I think you're right. I always just thought I'd be able to quit when I wanted to/needed to. Now I feel like there's no way I can stop. I'm seeing a counselor on Monday for help with my depression and addiction.

Best Answer

This may not make complete sense to you but if your need to not do it is greater than your need to do it then you may be able to quit. I quit cold turkey from cigarettes almost overnight actually immediately.. quick story. Had gotten my honorable discharge papers from the USAF and was packed and leaving my barracks room with a full duffel bag over my shoulder and was going to walk out the door and noticed a pack of Marlboros on my dresser beside the door. I had a cold that day and remembered how the flight always messed with my head so I said to myself " Today is a good day to quit ". So I bought some gum at the airport to chew to clear my ears at take off and compression. And chewed gum that day and the next maybe but tapered off and over a few days just got tired of that.. and never smoked again. I think having that "pacifier" in the gum might have helped.. Grass is hard to quit it sets up a chemical dependency.. My advice find something to replace that dependency that is not harmful as it is harmful. It will dull your judgment and will increase your dependency on it. Just my opinion. And pray and ask for guidance in that area. dreamoflove has it right too. Don't hang with your friends that smoke. Or let them know you still want to be friends but you can't smoke with them or have them smoke around you.. not an easy thing.

Best Answer

Toke it up.

Best Answer

I have a friend who stayed stoned for probably 10 years and then decided he wanted to change his life and go to nursing school, where they obviously frown upon you showing up high. It sounds weird but he said he needed to find something to do with his hands, and he needed an oral replacement., he used Dum Dum lollipops and popsicles, and started with small crafts to keep his hands busy at other times. He kept one of those finger-exerciser machines to put in his hand when he was watching TV because that was one time it always hit him the hardest that he'd like to be high. He made sure he kept himself very busy for a couple of weeks, and out of the house. He'd walk the mall, go running, go to other people's houses and other places he couldn't just light up. I don't know if any of those things will help you but good luck. It IS possible.

Best Answer

Wow. Thank you. That is actually very inspiring for me.

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

Lots of people who feel like they need to smoke are usually self medicating for something else. For example, I smoked at one point because I am bipolar and have some anxiety issues. Tried lots of medications that didn't really work. I experienced negative racing thoughts. So when I smoked, it slowed down these thoughts and actually opened me up to a level of self awareness and creativity. This was not acheived unless I smoked due to the racing thoughts cluttering up the brain. I think you should see a psychotherapist just to make sure that there is not some underlying cause for the smoking. If there is and you get on the proper medication, then you might be able to kick it. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Thank you. I agree. I am seeking help on monday

Best Answer

pot is not addictive the same way as cigarettes, it is psychologically addictive. you dont get any withdrawall symptoms from pot. ive never heard of someone NEEDING to smoke mj. maybe its something to do with a compulsive disorder.

Best Answer

I believe I may be suffering from depression... the two do not mix well

Best Answer

i hope you get better soon!

Best Answer

Do stuff. Stay busy. Set limitations.

Best Answer

I'm suffering from depression. It's hard for me to "do stuff"

Best Answer

I often don't feel like doing things, myself, but i find that if i force myself into a task and finish it, i feel all the much better.

Best Answer

If you keep smoking, your voice is going to sound really weird and you will die earlier than you would have. I saw a picture of someone's lungs (the person was a smoker) and they were black! It was all shriveled up and dirty! Stop smoking or yours will look like this!

Best Answer

I don't think marijuana has the same effects? Or does it?

Best Answer

As long as your smoking anything it counts! Please stop, do you want to kill yourself?

Best Answer

I'm suffering from depression. I don't want to kill myself, but I'd rather not live this life anymore. I am trying to change, but it's just so hard.. sometimes I don't see the point?

Best Answer

Why are you depressed?

Best Answer

Try black coffee.It will help you many fold.Over a period of time you will get over with the habit of smoking.

Best Answer

Really? Never heard of that

Best Answer

I gave up with the help of cofee for 4 years.Recently I took some light cigrattes but thts it.Black cofee when you get an urge to smoke.Cofee is less harmful.

Best Answer

I am already addicted to coffee. Unfortunately, it makes me all jittery and I feel the need to smoke (marijuana) to help me calm down... I feel like I am just making excuses to smoke. Every time I'm sober I feel uncomfortable and don't know what to do.

Best Answer

It's a highly addictive drug. Don't buy any. Run out of them and stop cold turkey. You will feel sick for about three or four days but after that things will improve. Exercise if you can to help move past the addiction and instigate your body to flush out the drug and repair chemical damage to your body and brain.

Best Answer

Is this smoking as in cigarettes? Or the other substance?

Best Answer

marijuana

Best Answer

Okay. I went through a year of smoking a few bowls a DAY. I went through a rough patch in my life where I felt I needed it, and it was IMPOSSIBLE to stay sober. The way I quit (over a few months now) is I don't hang around with people who smoke. I also tried to just go a day without it. After a day passed, I realized sleeping was going to be an issue so I'd work out like crazy to help me sleep and keep me preoccupied. If you keep yourself busy and at bay for a week I think it will be very possible to recover from that. Then, by a month's point - your brain 'fog' from smoking often will clear up and trust me, it'll be that much easier to feel good about not doing it. Marijuana IS addictive whether people admit it or not - just doesn't have the physical withdrawal symptoms that other substances too. Mainly mental including insomnia and the sheer desire. You can overcome it! Message me if you need to let out your frustrations!

Best Answer

Try the nicotine patch.

Best Answer

i don't think it will help for marijuana

Best Answer

Oh. I always heard that it's not addicting. Maybe try to find something else to do with your free time when you need to relax.

Best Answer