I don't have insomnia, I just choose not to sleep very much ( 3 to 4 hours a night )<br />
Yeah well on the long-term I start getting really tired but in short=term not really because I'm used to it I think

Best Answer

That's what my neurologist said. Even with sleeping meds, sometimes I only get a couple hours of sleep and dead tired for the next 24 hours. I usually will get about 4-5 hours with all the meds but with anxiety, I could still stay awake with full meds. Do you have tiredness with 3-4 hours of sleep?

Best Answer

yeah what a drag. when i doo get sleep i love it.

Best Answer

i thought i did (guess i have munchausen's) but did some reading and realized that just because i cant sleep at night doesnt mean that i am unsomnolent. Insomnia refers to not being able to sleep at all, and what ails me is more common. I (like many others who think they have insomnia) just have errors in my circadian rhythm. I cant fall asleep at night, but will hit the floor in the daytime. I have energy only at night and this is due to the arithmia. I recently fixed my pattern so now i can sleep somewhat properly.

Best Answer

I do. Depression. Or being really upset is the only primary things that get me tired. And extreme cold.

Best Answer

I'm sorry to hear about your depression. I also have depression. I've been on Elavil for 12 years now. I don't think it helps with the depression but it helps me to sleep through the nite. Ask your doctor about it. Being upset keeps me up too. Have you ever tried Klonopin? It takes care of anxiety. I'm suppose to take it every day but I only take it when I'm really stressed with anxiety. Good luck..talk to your doctor to get help.

Best Answer

thats bizarre, testing and work facilities usually crank the ac because its proven to keep the testee cool (lawl testicle) and that keeps them awake and alert. Usually being warm and comfy is optimal for falling asleep. Also, you say being upset is what helps you fall asleep.... Maybe you are activating a part off your brain that makes you sleepy. Perhaps searching for music that activate the same spot in your brain may help. Google "binaural beats delta pure". That could help.

Best Answer

Thanks for the info. I can't listen to music because it makes me more alert. All the sleep time ideas don't work on me. I'm on so many meds it's a wonder I'm not dead. Probably too alert to die! LOL

Best Answer