Til after she is done with school and getting her diploma? Cause I don't see anything wrong with that, but I guess some of my family members and friends thinks its not normal, and wrong cause I am an legal adult but I don't see it that way. I live in my dads house, I should respect him. That's what I think
itsjustbrit itsjustbrit 18-21, F 14 Answers Jan 14 in Parenting & Family

I guess I see more wrong with a dad having this expectation of his daughter, than her cooperation with it...but if you and your dad agree, what does it matter to anybody else?

Best Answer

My family members are making a big deal about it, saying my dad has complete control over me, which is not true. I just choose to respect him and listen to him.

Best Answer

Nothing wrong with it. It's all about respecting your father's decision and waiting for the right time to date<br />
I am in the same situation as you are :)

Best Answer

Everyone thinks my dad has complete control over me which is not true though, I just choose to respect and listen to him.

Best Answer

It just proves how much you really care and love your father since you trust his decisions coz he knows what's best for you :)

Best Answer

Nothing is wrong with you showing respect for your dad in this way. He's trying to keep you safe from any harm is all he is trying to do okay. Yes you should respect him, but if you choose to date anyone you should be able to at any time and at any day, but don't bring your date to your dad's house If he doesn't Agree with you wanting to date someone. But you are free to choose as you wish of course, But Respecting your dad is a very good thing, it will save you from a lot of trouble on yourself, that could cause you future problems. I'm glad you are a Respectful Girl, You make me smile at you(:-). We need more Woman Like You, You Are Brilliant(:-).

Best Answer

No, there is nothing wrong with that at all. It's actually a good thing. I dated whenever I was in high school, and, thankfully, I am still with that guy, but some of my friends dated and they fell behind in their studies. So, its a pretty good idea. :)

Best Answer

Thank you! I feel the same way. Everyone thinks that my dad has complete control over me, but it's not true, I just choose to respect and listen to him.

Best Answer

Being respectful to a parent or of their concerns for your well being is ALWAYS right. HOWEVER, you're 19? I do believe there comes a point when parents need to step back a little and allow their children to make decisions for themselves. That doesn't mean those decisions are a free for all. There most definitely should be consequences for certain behaviors if your father is supporting you fully. But dating is a natural part of young life and I believe it is necessary to the growth of all young women and men.

Best Answer

I have an 18 year old son and am finding it very difficult to loosen those apron strings, myself. But I can see more an more HIS need to make choices for himself in order for HIM to grow.... It's hard to let go, as a parent. But it's also just as necessary for the growth and development of your children...

Best Answer

Yes, there is no way I would listen to my parents if they say **** like that

Best Answer

Not normal??? Maybe not the norm by societies standards. I think it's great and nice of you to honour his wishes. He wants u to concentrate on your future. You have the rest of your life to work on boys. Some people get to attached in high school and it affects there judgement of where they want to go to school and what they want to do in life; they make compromises to be together. That's fine if they are truly in love . Make No Compromises.

Best Answer

No I don't think it's wrong. As you say you are living in his house at his expense, it keeps your mind on your studies and as the previous reply says it may help you avoid something you may regret later.

Best Answer

no I don't see anything wrong with that - it means you cocnetnrate more on school work and it means you won't do anything you'll later regret with some guy who doesn;t deserve you

Best Answer

Brit, I know how your dad feels. I believe all fathers do about their daughters. We try to protect you the best we can. You young girls may think we are mean but that is not true. We know how young men think.

Best Answer