PanicAtTheDiscount PanicAtTheDiscount 13-15, F 3 Answers Apr 19 in Hobbies

5 Seconds Of Summer are an Australian Pop-rock / punk band. In my eyes they are one of the best bands that have ever been formed. They toured with One Direction on their Take Me Home tour and will tour with them on their Where We Are tour in North America, Canada, UK and Europe. If you like bands like All Time Low, Forever The Sickest Kids and Fall Out Boy, you'd probably like 5SOS. They've went to number 1 in the UK and number 2 in America with their first ever single 'She Looks So Perfect'. They've also been featured in magazines such as Kerrang, and Rock Sound. I really recommend that you give them a chance :D.

Best Answer

I love me to death, but they aren't that good in my opinion... They aren't pop rock or punk rock in my opinion at all, but that's just me... I mean, All Time Low is pop rock. The Ramones is punk rock. Can't really be punk rock or even pop rock with a song like she looks so perfect or heartache on the big screen?? (lol us touring with 1D like the poppiest boy band ever)

Best Answer

I love them to death*

Best Answer

Btw she looks so perfect isn't their first ever single. Try hard and heartbreak girl are their first singles. You already know how the 1D fandom is. Of course they're gonna be huge

Best Answer

I'm not going to condemn you for your opinion, because I know many people won't like 5SOS, and if you don't that's up to you. I think they're more 'punk rock' than bands such as One Direction and Union J, but maybe not to the extent of ATL. Heartbreak Girl and Try Hard are singles that were only released in Australia, which is why I think they don't count. Maybe I should have mentioned that or some of the original songs. Also, I know touring with One Direction will make you famous and popular with the fandom, but 5SOS have actually done a lot by themselves to get noticed in the first place. They never went on any talent shows or anything like that, and they formed themselves as a band, not needing anyone else to do it for them. In my eyes, 5SOS are quite different to manufactured bands like One Direction, but I can understand why people automatically associate 5SOS with bands like that. If you don't like them, that's fine, but I just think that people (not you as you actually gave 5SOS a chance) should give bands and other music a chance, not just judge them on their looks, reputation or who they tour with.

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

Yeah, Australian boys.

Best Answer