I'm just curious about any kind of detail about this place bc my boyfriend is gone and that's where he is. So id just like some help if you know anything that might help me.thanks(:
zachsgianna zachsgianna 18-21, F 5 Answers Jul 23, 2012

What a plane ride to get there!!Flat land (I'm from upstate NY so this was a shock)though I liked driving around inside the Fort...get a pass for that.Wow It's CLEAN!!!!but looks like all the other forts.Liked the museum on ba<x>se .A lot of hotels close to the ba<x>se for family.I thought it was more family friendly than FortDix

Best Answer

Is there a day family can go?!

Best Answer

When they graduate basic, they can visit

Best Answer

Whens that? And what did you want sent to you the most?

Best Answer

My son was training for MP so graduation was when we went.I was sent an invitation and a Fort pass for 4 days.I took his girlfriend and we flew out...two planes an airliner and from St Louis a small passenger plane (very bumpy ride)When my son 1st went out there it was quite awhile before he allowed to call or get mail.

Best Answer

Snacks,socks.. base has stores.. itune cards..money;-)

Best Answer

The fort has alot of stores for soldiers only ..lot of fast food places.I was sending all kind of care packages once he could call ,write and email.Be sure to check with the post office for rates for military packages...don't use UPS.My son said those packages meant lots to him and guys that didn't get one felt down.The guys share so keep that in mind

Best Answer

It's in Missouri. Used to be a tough place to do bootcamp. Probably still is.

Best Answer

I went to basic there. It out in the middle of nowhere in Missouri

Best Answer

How was it? Are the Sargent's really mean?

Best Answer

Yeah they have to be. You get used to it before long though

Best Answer

What kind of things did you mostly want sent to you?

Best Answer

I really didn't want to have anything sent, but I know that makes me an addball. Just sent one letter out and called home once

Best Answer