Beyond the fact it's stupid

Best Answer

Seriously, what's left to know?

Best Answer

From Wikipedia...<br />
Scientology is a body of beliefs and related practices created by science fiction and fantasy author L. Ron Hubbard (1911–1986), starting in 1952, as a successor to his earlier self-help system, Dianetics. Hubbard characterized Scientology as a religion, and in 1953 incorporated the Church of Scientology in Camden, New Jersey.<br />
Scientology teaches that people are immortal beings who have forgotten their true nature. Its method of spiritual rehabilitation is a type of counselling known as auditing, in which practitioners aim to consciously re-experience painful or traumatic events in their past in order to free themselves of their limiting effects. Study materials and auditing courses are made available to members in return for specified donations. Scientology is legally recognized as a tax-exempt religion in the United States and some other countries, and the Church of Scientology emphasizes this as proof that it is a bona fide religion. In other countries, notably France, Germany, and the United Kingdom, Scientology does not have comparable religious status.<br />
A large number of organizations overseeing the application of Scientology have been established, the most notable of these being the Church of Scientology. Scientology sponsors a variety of social-service programs. These include the Narconon anti-drug program, the Criminon prison rehabilitation program, the Study Tech education methodology, a volunteer organization, a business-management method, and a set of moral guidelines expressed in a booklet called The Way to Happiness.<br />
The Church of Scientology is one of the most controversial new religious movements to have arisen in the 20th century. It has often been described as a cult that financially defrauds and abuses its members, charging exorbitant fees for its spiritual services. The Church of Scientology has consistently used litigation against such critics, and its aggressiveness in pursuing its foes has been condemned as harassment. Further controversy has focused on Scientology's belief that souls ("thetans") reincarnate and have lived on other planets before living on Earth, and that some of the related teachings are not revealed to practitioners until they have paid thousands of dollars to the Church of Scientology. Another controversial belief held by Scientologists is that the practice of psychiatry is destructive and abusive and must be abolished.

Best Answer

I went to the Scientology church in London to take a look around.. they are ridiculously rich and from what I hear its a cult that is very serious about not letting you leave after you join.<br />
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm1dMrjB4c8<br />
I think Jim Carrey explains the effects of joining best

Best Answer

I wonder what their essential belief system is??

Best Answer

to make lots of money by the look of their church :D

Best Answer

It's a scam that scam artist L rob Hubbard created. L rubber Hubbard created his own fake college just so he could give himself and his partner in crime a false degree. He was also involved in aleister crowleys black magik cult the OTO. He had also vowed upon crowleys death that he (L rob) will resume crowleys position on earth as the beast. So if his scandalous organization isn't shady enough for you L rob Hubbard should be.

Best Answer

I heard a rumor that L. Ron Hubbard bet someone that he could start his own religion..

Best Answer

yes but i cant tell you or else they will come and take me away and keep me captive in an active volcano with the jesus, buda, mohamab, the lucky charms guy and wendy the snapple lady

Best Answer

Another philosophy for the weak

Best Answer

The guy who invented it and Tom Cruise may know something about it, dont know anyone else who does

Best Answer

Tom Cruise is crazy like a fox..

Best Answer

Everything I know of Scientology I learned from South Park.

Best Answer

love it.

Best Answer