imawarrior imawarrior 16-17, F 4 Answers Jan 8 in Community

There are a whole lot of things you could do instead. I am not a counselor and I think you need to call a crisis line. But you do need to find some ways to keep yourself busy until the crisis is over, and talk to somebody in person if you can. Here are a few suggestions:<br />
- Crisis line<br />
- Talk to an adult who is within reach of you<br />
- Pray<br />
- Prayer line - TBN, for example, is open 24/7 and you only have to wait for a few minutes.<br />
- Draw, paint, write, read something, or listen to some music that might make you feel better.<br />
- Remember, and keep telling yourself, that things will get better and you will get through this.

Best Answer

One technique is to take a handful of ice cubes and hold them tightly with both hands. Very quickly, they will generate the pain you crave without the harmful effects of cutting, burning, hitting or whatever it is you have been doing. It is not a guaranteed replacement, but it has worked for some. It has to be worth a try. If you mean urgent because you have got open wounds then go to your doctor or the hospital to have them bandaged, otherwise you risk a serious skin infection or blood poisoning. Look after yourself.

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer

So let me guess.. you have a friend that's self harming and you're desperate to help her. Well the first thing you can do is to not be so desperate. I know you can't help it but, there is no quick-fix to what that person has. I have had friends (and an ex) who self harmed. They suffer from some form of depression. You can find a short-term substitute to self harming, like elastic bands for e.g, but they will need to start thinking about going to therapy and maybe even taking meds.

Best Answer

No it's not about my friend.

Best Answer

yourself?

Best Answer

Yes I relapse after being 2 months clean I just feel bad. I let everyone down.

Best Answer

Why do you think you do it?

Best Answer

I think it's cause I don't know how to control my Anger or I just feel so alone it's like all that's there for me is cutting.

Best Answer