...with a loose wire or something in it. don't want to even attempt to find the problem myself, as I said this thing is old.
mrdevonian mrdevonian 22-25, M 4 Answers Jun 30, 2011

What you have is called an antique radio. Search online for that term and see what pops up local to you. You can even enter the brand name, model number, and other information to get more exact information if it exists.<br />
It can be worth a lot to collectors if you choose to sell it. It should be worth more as-is than if you had it repaired. If you want it working for sentimental reasons then that's your choice. I'd keep it in a glass case and just enjoy looking at it every day.

Best Answer

Oh this is sentimental all right. But the glass case is a wonderful idea. would look even nicer. thanx.

Best Answer

Likely a burner out tube - you know, those things that have the little glowing reddish light in them. Find the oldest mom and pop electronics store around. They may have someone who can help, but that is still grasping for straws. Yes, you can still buy those tubes. Companies bought them up. If you have a tube that;s not glowing, it is likely that tube. Those tubes were the predecessors of transistors. All a silicon chip amounts to is a gazillion micro sized transistors.

Best Answer

A-thank you!

Best Answer

oldfashionedappliancesrepair.com ...bit of a niche market....i joke,<br />
I'd suggest checking out a forum of radio enthusiasts, they always have a few threads on old equipment repair, and would answer such a question,

Best Answer

Stank you very much!

Best Answer