I'm sorry. Let me be more specific. My 17 yr old son has had some trouble with smoking pot, drinking and, after being beat up twice, with rage. He is getting on his feet and passes the regular and random drug tests that I admin. and just got a job and an excellent report card, however, I was surprised to find his phone unlocked last night and discovered many concerning photos but could find nothing in his tweets as all of his friends names have changed to "gett iknoi llo on" or such, as well as the language that they now speak. I am intelligent enough to recognize any pattern that his friends (trust me) could collectively read and write. It all look similar. The only thing I can think of is an app that scrambles them so that he need not delete them. Thank you for anyone (sadly, probably younger than I am) who can help me. I am trying so hard (tears) to fight for my son but it is an uphill battle. I have the phone now and am trying to at least get an idea of what these say before I bundle all of this up for a counselor or his father (little or no help, has new family) or other.
babyjoon babyjoon 31-35, F 5 Answers Jul 1, 2012

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer

At first I was worried you were the kid... then I looked at your profile and saw your age... I knew you were the parent and guessed what the issue was... I am glad to have helped.

Best Answer

you're lying about your age. Go to your room!

Best Answer

If your tweets need scrambling, then you're dealing with the wrong people... Get a grip.

Best Answer

If you are worried about your parents reading your tweets, then maybe you're not old enough to be tweeting! Or, you shouldn't post things you wouldn't be comfortable with your patents reading....

Best Answer

I'm 42.... Old enough to do as I please... And I wouldn't care that my parents read that I'm proud of my 36Ds, which they gave me :)

Best Answer

Thank you. It is nice to see that so many adults or young adults would call a teenager out and stand up for what is good for them, even though you don't know them and it isn't your problem. Frankly, I was prepared for an onslaught of "why are you invading his eff-ing privacy?" etc...

Best Answer

xoxo

Best Answer

Why not take his phone away? I am 22, but I think teens are creeps and mostly up to no good. (I know first hand). Parents are stupid to give them text messaging.

Best Answer

His father gave it to him and pays for it. When I take it away, he tells me that it is his (dad's) property and that I must return it. He then gives it back to my son. This time, I had my son pack a bag and had a family friend escort him to his father's house, sans phone, because he was challenging the fairness of taking the phone away and continuing to upset the tone of the household, where my youngest (13) was beside himself with exhaustion from listening to this crap so often. When my son held his hand out (and he was respectful) expecting the phone to go with him, since it was his dad's, this time I held it as collateral and told him, calmly, that I could use his father's help in co-parenting him, in order to make the best decisions for his sake and if his dad wanted the phone, he could come and retrieve it from me, wherein he could have it after viewing the photos and texts that caused me to confiscate it. (learned that from teachers who take kids phones and lure the parents in for conference in order to collect it.) You are right, re: txtng and my beautiful son is exposing himself to a world way, way bigger than how big he thinks he is. I feel so sorry for the way the deck is stacked against our youth but my being permissive or so open minded that my brain leaks out is like pitching in to supply the poison that I am so afraid will destroy my baby's life. If any young person is reading this (I thought I was young until recently), listen to the heart of a mother, or at least, your Heavenly Father who loves you better than a human parent ever could. Do not think you know better than all you have been told. You will find out you are wrong when, though forgiveness will always be available from God, the consequences of what you CHOOSE, regardless of why you choose them, will be yours (and hurt those who cherish you) and, at some point they will reach a level that nobody, not even your mama, will or even CAN prevent them from coming down onto you. LISTEN to those who have gone before you and thank them for even their examples, sometimes, of what not to do. You will remember reading this one day, God forbid, if you are sitting in a cage with plenty of time on your hands, or worse, living out a life sentence of guilt for what you may do to others, or infinitely worse, standing in front of God. If my son could see into my soul for a full minute, he loves me, that I know, and nothing he feels like doing would be worth all this.

Best Answer

It's amazing how easily those expensive phones accidentally fall into the water when you are not careful. It's a shame it ruins them where they cannot be used again.

Best Answer