TheBlessedOne TheBlessedOne 46-50, F 9 Answers Aug 23, 2012 in Health

Unless you have bruised your breast bone or maybe been leaning on it like over a wall, it`s not a usual place to have `pain on touch`. Best have it checked out by Your Dr.

Best Answer

No bruise. I don't have medical insurance but I will in a few weeks.

Best Answer

I get a similar feeling every once in a while. What works best for me is a couple of aspirin, and laying down on my back. I find that the longer I wait to do it, the longer it hurts, so I try to do it as I feel the pain coming on. I've had my heart checked and all is good, so I'm not sure what it is. But that's how I temporarily get rid of it anyway.

Best Answer

It does hurt. I get it a lot too. I will try laying down after while.

Best Answer

Go to the doctor. I had a cold go to the lining around my heart and cause water build up. i experienced this exact same pain style and only went to doc when i could not sleep. my heart was being squished. the pain is the exact same as congestive heart failure. so best to go to a doc to be careful. if lucky its just a pulled muscle.

Best Answer

after seeing your stress comment and considering age go see a doc. best to end up on meds than find out you are doing damage.

Best Answer

Thanks.

Best Answer

NP. I mention it because I was shocked that that was what congestive heart failure feels like. it made me realize why it gets people so much. Feels almost like severe heartburn or a pulled muscle.

Best Answer

Oh no, I hope it is not that.

Best Answer

All you need is water pills if thats the case so do not get panicked. All congestive heart failure is, is fliud retention around the heart. so basically retaining water in a bad place.

Best Answer

Spend lot of time in front of computer ( in bad posture ) ?

Best Answer

Yes I do. could that be the problem?

Best Answer

Stress maybe?

Best Answer

I am under stress. It gets sore like this every time I am stressed.

Best Answer

See a doctor. Please. Pretty please. It probably is just stress, but the location is suspect.

Best Answer

Thank you. I could just be stress. And I don't have medical insurance right now. But I will soon.

Best Answer

Ok. Just be safe. Hugs.

Best Answer

Sore to the touch? Like the breast bone is bruised, or the skin is tender?

Best Answer

Like the breast bone is bruised but it is not bruised. The skin is not tender. I get this every so often but have never known what causes it.

Best Answer

I have a suggestion, but you will find it weird. I used to think I had arthritis in my entire rib cage, because I felt as if my ribs were bruised every once in a while. I would take tylenol and anti inflammatories and noting helped, until one day, I took a Gas-Ex and suddenly no more arthritis. It was gas in my stomach. Not the intestines, but the stomach. Try taking a gas relief ***** or tablet. If that doesn't ease the pain, see a doctor. Gas can cause the worst pain.

Best Answer

That could be the problem. I did eat some gassy cabbage yesterday. I never would have though of that. Thank you.

Best Answer

Good luck. Please let me know if it helps, to take the gas relief.

Best Answer

Are you on any cholesterol medicine?

Best Answer

No meds at all.

Best Answer

Then get off of here and get to a doctor right now. Probably not a heart attack, unless your left arm is numb and weak feeling. Cholesterol medicines will cause the same sensation as you are having - that is what I asked. Get to the doctor.

Best Answer

No a heart attack. I have had it before but don't know what it is.

Best Answer

Any pain in the chest that is recurring should be checked out. By the way, it is common for people to have heart attacks and never have all the symptoms, so no medical care was sought. They are mild heart attacks, but do damage just the same.

Best Answer

I wonder if that is my problem? I have not had a checkup in years. I don't like doctors.

Best Answer

I know far too many people that feel the same way you do. Please, for your sake and the sake of any loved ones, get checked out immediately. When you call for an appointment, say "chest pain first", but in the next breath say "but no weak or numb left arm. They will get you in quickly or tell you to get to the ER. Please do it now.

Best Answer