My current concerns are she seems to repeat herself, and ask too many questions, and at times I feel theses questions are inappropriate for ex: And How much is that? Where did you get it, How come you can't come? What time will you be finished? And these questions are asked daily and whenever we do communicate either thru texting or conversations, And she always seems to stare at me for long periods. She calls sometimes 6 times a day, and well, to me some of the things I feel are intrusive. Is this typical and anyone else has this experience?
cigarette cigarette 36-40 5 Answers Jun 27, 2012

My mom has head injuries and I've known her to be the way she is now since I was 4 years old. It takes a LOT of patience; I still catch myself saying, "I JUST said that." then I feel bad because I know she doesn't remember. I have to remind myself that is tough as it is for me, it's a million times harder for her knowing her independence is forever lost. There are some really good rehabilitation centers out there that help people with brain injuries; my mom has been going to one for almost 20 years now and it seems to have helped out quite a bit. Just be there for her and treat her like you would any other person.

Best Answer

You ARE a wonderful woman, and Daughter.

Best Answer

yes thats right, I believe in not talking down to people, no matter. And yeah thats funny I want to say that too, when she repeats things, remember I told you that.

Best Answer

THANK-YOU BABY! @MrPancho
xoxoxoxo

Best Answer

The fact that your still friends with her speaks VOLUMES about your character. I for one applaud you sir for continuing to be patient and working with her.

Best Answer

I have one

Best Answer

My mother in law has a brain injury and all of these things are "normal". She talks about kissing men and having sex (shes 75 and in a wheelchair). It is very disconcerting but becomes easier as time goes on - you kind of get used to it and just overlook it. People lose their filters sometimes and do not know what is appropriate to talk about. She also calls our house all the time sometimes over and over because she forgets she called or is just lonely. It is very tough because you can't really ask them to change or stop because they do not even realize what they are doing. Try your best to be patient - I know it is hard. :)

Best Answer

Yes I agree, I feel the same thing, I feel I can't ask her to stop or change because its seems like she can't and won't.
We both have one child and we hold playdates so I do want to keep our friendship for the kids sake too and mine, She is a very sweet person :) thanks for getting back to me I found that comforting. Have a good day!

Best Answer

Strange how a brain injury does things to your sexuality. Fetish desires popped up but I wonder how it picks them.

Best Answer