dareinggirl dareinggirl 13-15, F 2 Answers Jun 10 in Doing Good

damn, animals have phones too? I am behind the times.

Best Answer

Yep, how can I assist?

Best Answer

i just need some basic information about them for my cell project

Best Answer

also do you no anything imaginative i could use to make a model cell out of

Best Answer

First of all, I don't know how much detail you really need!? I can either blow your mind or keep it simple....you tell me. Give me something to start with and I'll build off of what you have already.

Best Answer

just realy simple stuff

Best Answer

Everyone’s body is made of the same basic stuff. All living things, large or small, plant or animal, are made up of cells. Most living things are made up of one cell and they are called unicellular organisms. Many other living things are made up of a large number of cells that form a larger plant or animal. These living things are known as multicellular organisms. Water makes up about two thirds of the weight of cells.

Cells are very small; most cells can only be seen through a microscope. Cells are the smallest living units that are capable of reproducing themselves. Each cell in your body was made from an already existing cell. All plants and animals are made up of cells.

All the parts of your body are made up of cells. There is no such thing as a typical cell. Your body has many different kinds of cells. Though they might look different under a microscope, most cells have chemical and structural features in common. In humans, there are about 200 different types of cells, and within these cells there are about 20 different types of structures or organelles.

All cells have a membrane. Cell membranes are the outer layers that hold the cell together. They let nutrients pass into the cell and waste products pass out. Not everything can pass through a cell membrane. What gets through and what doesn't depends on both the size of the particle trying to get in and the size of the opening in the membrane.

Cells also have a nucleus. This is the cell’s control center. Cells continually divide to make more cells for growth and repair in your body. The nucleus contains the information that allows cells to reproduce, or make more cells. Another important part of a cell is the mitochondrion. This is the part of the cell where food and oxygen combine to make energy.

Maybe this will get you started...... BTW - I'm a micro-biologist! :)

Best Answer