I previously asked a question about whether anyone spoke to God and everyone answered mockingly, so I've decided to re-phrase the question.
Sesi1990 Sesi1990 22-25, F 33 Answers Jun 3, 2012

I am an aethiest but I don't think it is insane for people who are believers to talk to God. If that is your belief and if it gives you peace and comfort and, most importantly, if you feel listened to then no, it's not insane, it's what you were raised with and what you believe in. To each their own. People sometimes react strongly to God related topics when they feel that other people are forcing their beliefs upon them - both believers and aethiests have a responsibility to recognise that the other has a right to believe or not to believe and both sides should try to respect that and respectfully disagree. Religion is such a huge thing that no one is going to change their beliefs on the strength of an online dispute so no point getting into it too strongly with each other and best to just let sleeping dogs lie!

Best Answer

Thank you. I keep seeing all the anti-religion stuff and worry that will be our death song. Religion has it's uses to those that believe and they should not be mocked for it. Try to force the belief on me is different.

Best Answer

our death song? You mean you can't take verbal criticism when atheism is still considered a crime in some parts of the world? (like Indonisia)

Best Answer

I am not religious, but I also don't think people who believe in or talk to their God(s) are crazy. It's a comfort, to feel heard and understood. Isn't that why people talk to others anyway?

Best Answer

I'm agnostic, so it doesn't apply, but no, I don't think of people who "talk to God" - or pray - as other than sane.<br />
In fact, despite my own agnostcism, when I was nursing (Psychiatric), if I had a client who expressed a religous belief I would encourage them to pray, and also to be in contact with their local Church - and no, I did not feel myself to be hypocritical ; it was my task to help them overcome their problems, and if the Church could help, who was I to disagree. As I say, I am agnostic, not an atheist.

Best Answer

God is real. Ignore anyone that tells you other wise. Talking to HIM is perfectly normal.

Best Answer

Perfectly sane, god is in all of us as were told, and we talk to ourselves through the mind, people dont understand what insane and sane is, because everybody has there head in their arse.

Best Answer

Don't change your position or rephrase. If they don't get it, it's the greatest loss they'll ever know. Just pray for them. :-)

Best Answer

It is as sane a talking to a good friend.<br />
Religion has taught that god is outside of ourselves and must be praised and appeased if we are not to suffer.<br />
How ever i believe that god is within every living thing and there for within every human being.<br />
That our true nature is to be god like.

Best Answer

i prefer to bask. it is not in me to judge people insane because of their way of relating to God, and talking to God helps to be closer.

Best Answer

Talking to God is no less sane than yelling at football pla<x>yers while watching them on TV. I hate to admit that I know more people who would rather do that than pray.

Best Answer

Yes I do:)<br />
Those who don't talk to themselves and that's not considered sane either.<br />
I do both but I don't consider myself insane

Best Answer

If you talk to god and he talks back you are insane! It is that simple.

Best Answer

And not so long ago science had recipes for mice. You can not disprove the existence of a God so get off your high horse. Mocking religion only shows you belong on a hobby horse.

Best Answer

How about you get ****** yeah. :)

Best Answer

well, i thought it was sane, if you believed in a human-like god. (remember, humans are god-like) :)<br />
but, even though i might not believe in something like that, i believe in whatever reason everything is here, and i know that there is something that pushes something to do something good. whatever it is, i am thankful for it.<br />
anyway, thank you for posting this. i never considered talking with whatever it is.<br />
well, in 3rd person anyway.

Best Answer

weather you argue its self hypnosis or what ever who cares... fact is it works for people... they get something out of it end of story.

Best Answer

NO, ..but., if he calls, I will answer, <br />
but if the caller ID shows an 800 number, it's probably a bill collector!.

Best Answer

I don't call it insane but delusional. If I had said that a few centuries ago, I would have been burnt, which means the delusion can be imposed on you.

Best Answer

I pray to God, that doesn't mean there is one, or I think God talking back..

Best Answer

Why do you pray, then?

Best Answer

I have had amazing things happen as a result, or so I think. I also normally feel better after I do it.

Best Answer

I can pray whether I have a lot of doubt, or complete belief.

Best Answer

Why would it not be sane? I have no use for religion. But it is a theory like any other. Noone can disprove it. So God stands as solid as any science. More so since many scientific theories will be disproven over the years.

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

Yes I do. It is like anything else you do ba<x>sed on faith and belief.<br />
When you talk to a Friend a Parent you do so with the faith that they will keep your privacy in mind and a belief they can offer sound advice, a good direction.<br />
You do not have to have proof of existence when these Friends and Family are not around you, that they care about you or want the best for you.<br />
So the faith in speaking with God is the exact same belief that there is One that believes in you and expects the best for you.<br />
...times 1,000,000,000,000,000...

Best Answer

sure.god the only truth in life.its ok to talk to him.i do that too.its normal to me

Best Answer