Just moved and am thinking not to get a land line; just internet. Thoughts?
Indie42 Indie42 46-50, F 14 Answers Jun 4, 2012

We have both. A land line and cell. The cell phone has to be charged up and costs more to use. The land line is more reliable and cheaper.

Best Answer

i use the landline more than the cell. i've got DSL, and i'm nervous about switching to dry-line dsl.

Best Answer

landlines are good for fax machines....but those died in 2005...

Best Answer

i just see business using them now that is about it!

Best Answer

We do have both. The land line is mainly used for business calls. The people who are close to us call our cells. I never give out my cell number to anyone who isn't a friend or family member. The land line fields all the telemarketing calls, which I can't seem to get rid of, even tho I use the nat'l do not call registry. It is more expensive to have both, but you can actually get a land line for next to nothing if you get "local service only" on it. Just tell them you don't want "long distance" or any other service.

Best Answer

I was 8 when i saw the last landline we had at our place. I'm 22 now. :P

Best Answer

Wow. When did you get your cell phone?

Best Answer

i was 14...it was a punishment at that time because my mom ALWAYS knew where i was and what i was doing.

Best Answer

I have a land line with my Comcast bundle. I tossed out my cell phone and haven't replaced it. Why?

Best Answer

Either you don't get out much or you're never on the phone...

Best Answer

Eh depends. If I'm calling home I'll use the landline cuz it's free...

Best Answer

used cell phone only

Best Answer

We have both. When we were hit with the massive ice storm in January of '09, even the cell service was gone. However, the land lines still worked just fine. Besides, our home is right in the middle of two towers and it's like the towers fight over us. We go from full signal to no signal, then back to full, all while standing in the same spot.

Best Answer

That's rough. We lived between two cell towers a while back and I know what you mean. Lol

Best Answer