I was only recently diagnosed but I knew something was wrong for a long time.. no income, no insurance, no medication.. what can I do?
BrahJ BrahJ 26-30, F 7 Answers Dec 19, 2013 in Bipolar Disorder

Best Answer

Thank you, I will check it out.. I've been listening to music and trying to distract myself but just cannot stop thinking or being compelled to do something..

Best Answer

If you do start taking meds be sure to do your own research on whatever you're prescribed. You may find the potential side effects unacceptable. I tend to suffer so bad from those I finally threw them away and quit going to the shrinks. Not to mention the cost of some of the newer drugs. My script bill alone last year was over 20,000.00. Enuff !!!

Best Answer

Yeah I do because I have Bipolar and ADHD, and the parton me dumb *** comment of looking in the yellow pages shouldn't surpise me but then again it does for people who are just plain stupid.

If you are just new to having a manic episode it can feel like you are on a train that does not have any breaks at all I GET THAT, what STATE do you live in can help me try to help you find what you may need.

Also as big a the mania gets, if it's just energy sometimes the best thing for me is I just let it do what it does, if I am not hurting myself or others, then as much as it is, I let it burn it's self off, could take a day a week or for me even a month to burn it off where it is managble

Yellow Pages Give Me A Break.

Best Answer

I don't like prescription medicine, however I do happen to know people that are bipolar and do not do well without taking mediation. So...

Your dilemma is that you need referral by whomever diagnosed you and you should of told that doctor you can't afford meds/services and they would of put you in contact with a mental health center that charges on a sliding scale. (maybe you should go back?)

Always ask about services being on sliding scale to make sure you are charged in this manner. (it is based on your income, if any.)

Tell them you can not afford meds and they will either give them to you or should be able to tell you how to get them without being charged for them (there are programs to help, but depends on state.

Worse comes to worse, get the prescription, contact the drug company (look it up on internet) and often they have a way of providing you with said drug. (but you will need the prescription.)

Best Answer

I think bipolar is over diagnosed. Look in the yellow pages.

Best Answer

I'm sorry, for what exactly? I'm asking for coping mechanisms.. if the user happens to have any.

Best Answer

and you came to the wrong place

Best Answer

Any place to distract me is a good place. **** off.

Best Answer

**** off you bipolar c u n t

Best Answer

If you already have the diagnosis, then why would you need a psychiatrist?

What you need is a therapist.

mx:))

Best Answer

Well, because a psychiatrist is able to prescribe medications to combat the symptoms.. a therapist or counselor can't do that.. but you're right, I do need both.

Best Answer

Why go for drugs? What do they change? They create dependence, treat symptoms, not causes and make you too numb to manage yourself better. I hope you find a better way. mx:))

Best Answer

I would hope so too, but I've known too many who can
t cope without them.. which sort of explains why my life hasn't gone so smoothly either. But I am seeking therapy, no worries.

Best Answer

Good for you...... I tried many types of therapy... then found Person-centred... it takes time and effort...... and all is good now. best wishes, mx:))

Best Answer