of men
sultrynight sultrynight 31-35, F 25 Answers Aug 1, 2012

I think it is fine to hold onto whatever memories you wish including pics of your ex but doing it secretly could cause issues.

Best Answer

i would say no. i still have a picture of my most recent ex and its just of his face. but i mean of your married than id say its best to leave the photos behind. how would you feel if your husband carried pictures of all his exs? wouldnt you feel like he wasnt giving all of himself to you and may still be in love with one of his exs. thats just my take

Best Answer

Ummm no

Best Answer

Yes I think so. You will have some fond memories that you would like to keep, even though the relationship may be over. Those memories are personal and as long as you keep the photos to yourself then there is now harm in it.

Best Answer

Not secretly, no.

Best Answer

They're your memories. Cherish them. You'll probably regret getting rid of them.

Best Answer

thankyou!!

Best Answer

I give all those photos to my daughter to hang on to

Best Answer

Is it okay to hold on to them, yes, I think so. Secretly, no. If you have to hide it, then there is a reason why you must do so.

Best Answer

Whether it is an ex-bf/gf or an ex-wife/husband, there should be some clearing out of photos. I can understand keeping a very small number for the sake of life history - and to remind you where you've come from and how much better things are now. Sort of like a document of a time in your life. And I can understand why you would want to keep pictures that include other people besides your ex - people who may be deceased, making the pics more precious. But I do not think the pictures should be on display, secret from your current spouse, or accessed often. Also, if they are held with any intention other than a document of your life history, then I think that is a betrayal of your current relationship - you should not need nostalgic artifacts of past relationships in your present life. And again, there should not be many at all - not a box, perhaps an envelope. If the past is truly the past, let it go - clutter included!

Best Answer

I am divorced, not remarried or even close to that yet. Just dating for right now. But I got rid of 99% of my old marriage photos, because i didnt want to see them anymore. But i have 1-2 photos somewhere, not really for happy memories, but because it was 5 yrs of my life. I also have a single photo of the few guys I have dated recently. Not to look back and be sad or happy, just proof of where Ive been. Eveyone has a past and past memories/partners. Unless someone is secretly still in love with the person through these photos, it shouldnt be an issue. A new beau in my life has pics of his ex on his FB page. Doesnt bother me, its just someone from his past.

Best Answer

this my sound a lil conceited, but the photos were just of friends some who were fond of me but i like to see myself in them too!!

Best Answer

Its your history...why cant you hold on to them?? If who you are with is really a jealous or insecure person, then maybe they do need to be secret/...but be prepared if they ever 'surface', that person may freak out about them being there... I hate to keep secrets. I would expect anyone I date or marry to have photos of themselves and with old friends/partners.

Best Answer

Of course it's okay. But if you are running for President you might choose not to.

Best Answer

For what it is worth here is how I choose to answer questions like that

First if it is something I would not do in front of my spouse then it is inherently the wrong thing to do

Aside from that if what I am thinking about doing would cause my spouse any emotional pain or cause her to not trust me then it is wrong.

Still not sure ask yourself how you would feel if you found your spouse hiding things from you

Best Answer

Of course but why does it have to be a secret. Do you think your partner thought you were a virgin?

Best Answer

Depends why you are holding onto them and if you secretly think you have 'settled' on 2nd best with the person you did marry.

We all tend to look back on certain relationships through rose tinted specs but the question I would ask yourself is 'How would you feel if you found 'secret' pics of your partners ex?'

Best Answer

sure........there's this fake outlet you can git online..........put em in there.....make sure it's an outlet you never use.........try to look surprised if he finds it

Best Answer

Yeah it's okay it's not like your cheating on him;just be carefull not to be caught. :)

Best Answer