All of my life, I have always been significantly over average weight. I have a stomach that protrudes some, and all my life I have been treated like a lazy bum who does nothing but stuff her face. None of that is true. I barely eat 1000 calories a day on average, not because of appetite but because I forget to eat half the time. While I don't exercise normally, I have no problems walking close to 8 miles in a day to my university and back to my house. I can lift heavy things quite easily. So even though I am not fit, I am not completely unfit either. Am I ugly simply because I have this extra weight on me? I've been told by almost everyone around me I should be mortified. Because of this I'm terrified of guys, terrified that they'll discover my weight and go running. Instead of giving me medication doctors give me diet plans, even though I tell them what I usually eat. What am I doing wrong?
IrisBlackwood IrisBlackwood 18-21, F 10 Answers Feb 5 in Health

I can see one thing that may be contributing to your weight and that's the fact that you forget to eat half the time. This can be bad especially in the morning because eating breakfast jump starts your metabolism for the day so you shouldn't skip it, and skipping meals/starving yourself makes your body go in to a survival modes of sorts and start storing fat. Try eating 6 smaller meals throughout the day with snacks in between and avoid eating anything before you go to bed because your metabolism slows down drastically while you sleep. Society these days portrays people with extra weight as being unhealthy and/or lazy meaning they don't take care of their body, which doesn't seem to be the case for you. The media puts too much pressure on girls to look a certain way, so when they don't look the build they feel bad about themselves and feel like they are ugly but in reality most guys don't mind it and would rather you be healthy with some meat on the bones then some fragile skeletal girl that you could play the xylophone on her rib cage :P Also you could do some research on foods that speed up the metabolism and try a detox flush to flush out your colon.

Best Answer

bingo2

Best Answer

No, I've met women that are considered overweight that were still really pretty. Honestly, I'm not sure what's preventing you from losing weight. There's a possibility that your body is hanging is trying to save fat rather than burn it off because you eat little. It could even be some sort of a health problem. Whatever it is, I hope you find out what's stopping you from losing weight, and hopefully you'll find a doctor that will actually listen to you rather than immediately judge you based on your weight. You think that by now we would know better than to judge a book by it's cover...

Best Answer

I made a typo. It's supposed to say "hanging on to", not just hanging. :p

Best Answer

bingo

Best Answer

apparently, yes, we re ugly, lazy people that never quit eating, but be nice to everyone else in the world so we don't hurt their feelings. Kind of makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside doesn't it?

Best Answer

no, i think you're cute

Best Answer

So are you over weight or obese? If you are just a little overweight then you can exercise and diet it off. It doesn't make you ugly just because you are overweight. You just need to feel comfortable in your skin. If you feel like you want to lose weight then exercising and eating more healthy will do that. Stop drinking the sodas, stop eating the bacon and the red meat etc and start eating more fruits and veggies and 3-5 small meals per day. Spread out the meals to keep the metabolism going. You can actually gain weight by not eating. A lot of people don't know that. It is all in how your body processes fats etc.

Best Answer

no.. i have lot of friends who are overweight yet very beautifull...faces

Best Answer