I don't mean whether people see you as lazy, which they most likely will, but whether you actually get lazier once you gain a considerable amount of weight, because moving around gets difficult..I feel really lazy, and I feel a lot of it has to do with carrying this big belly and heavy thighs around..
MantisReligiosa MantisReligiosa 22-25, F 16 Answers Sep 9, 2010

It depends on how you define lazy. I personally feel the term has more to do with personal choice, so in that case I would say no. It does make me fatigued, discouraged and unwell, however; so I am glad I have dropped the weight finally. When I was 30 pounds overweight, I would have loved to excercise, to get up and move, to go for walks, but I just didn't have the energy. Ultimately I would have to say that being overweight doesn't make you lazy so much as being lazy makes you overweight.

Best Answer

i've known people of average weight that were lazy so i don't believe it's exclusive to the overweight by any means. in fact, i have a cousin that probably outweighs me by about 100lbs yet she can run circles around me anyday, chasing her kids, working two jobs and she does exercise regularly. so it's not necessarily true that "fat, obese" people are lazy if she's any kind of example.

Best Answer

No , my weight has been up and down my whole life and i've never been lazy and i'm always active.

Best Answer

Don't even get me started...No, it does not make one lazy.

Best Answer

Being overweight does make you lazy. It's hard to move around with all those extra pounds on you. It tires you out.

Best Answer

I knew two people who were extremely overweight rather well. One woman, we noted, was really into conservation of energy. It was as though she didn't want to move, and would arrange for her children to get her things, rather than rising from the sofa to get them herself. She had arranged her kitchen so that she had the least amount of steps to take when she was cooking.<br />
Tthe man I know who is overweight will never park his car at the far end of the parking lot so that he has farther to walk to get into the store. He will drive around the parking lot for ten minutes waiting for someone to pull out so that he can get a spot close to the door.

Best Answer

No, being lazy makes you overweight.<br />
Just kidding. It may work either way. Whatever.

Best Answer

I don't know because if I was overweight, I'd be busting my balls to change that.

Best Answer

being an inactive overeater makes you lazy. alot of overweight can be healthy depending on their fat type and the muscle/fat ratio

Best Answer

Yes the body is flat out just doing the basics.<br />
A fit body can go longer and faster.

Best Answer

Being overweight actually means you work harder taking a step than a thin person. You burn more calories just lifting yourself.

Best Answer

Your attitude about yourself makes you lazy. Your self image makes you lazy. Go to your Doctor. If your weight is unhealthy get with a diet and exercise program, if not, stop freakin' worrying about it.

Best Answer

I don't need a doctor. I have a BMI of 30..I know I'm overweight.

Best Answer