lovexxgirl lovexxgirl 18-21, F 7 Answers Jul 29, 2011

No! Especially for black hair, combing/brushing breaks your hair off. Always finger-comb. And for the lady that says keep your hair trimmed-- it's untrue that split ends keep your hair from growing. It's just that the hair breaks off more easily. But you won't have that hair-breakage problem in the first place if you follow these 3 steps (mostly for kinky black-hair):

1) use non-alcohol based conditioner (most people I know don't even shampoo their hair because daily shampooing causes dry, brittle texture)-- they dry out your hair terribly, which increases breakage and slows growth

2) if you want to comb your hair, only do so when it's wet-- hair slides out of tangles more easily.

3) don't use lye-chemicals or straighteners-- this one's pretty difficult if you're like me and have a huge head of frizzy curls.

My hair has grown significantly since I've done these three things. And I haven't had a hair cut nor have I used a brush in 4 years, so I'm obviously doing something right.

Best Answer

I think it activates the scalp, makes it healthier, and the hair grows faster.

Best Answer

Brushing makes it fall out faster, which makes it grow slower.

Best Answer

I think its an old wives tale,but brushing out all the tangles does make it look longer.

Best Answer

no, why would it?

Best Answer

not mine

Best Answer

Dude you have the funniest answers lol, I laugh so hard every time I come across your answers.

Best Answer