MushroomFairyDust MushroomFairyDust 26-30, F 14 Answers Feb 14, 2013 in Community

Only if Newton was having a enema right now.

Best Answer

Nope just fits more in a bag. I learned it is between 23 to 25 cans to make 1lb

Best Answer

That's probably where the confusion came from, because you can fit more into a bag, a bag of crushed cans WOULD weigh more than a bag of un-crushed cans, simply because there are more in there.

Best Answer

If you are really sweaty, on a humid day, and you crush 100,000 cans, and they sweat from your hands stays on the cans, you might net an additional 1/2 pound, or 50c.

Best Answer

no...but my grandpa (who was a little shady) would filter a little dirt in the uncrushed can and then crush it. It made them weigh more.

Best Answer

weight equals mass times gravity . . . so, if you were an astronaut, you could weigh the can on the moon, crush it, then bring it back to Earth and weigh it again. It would weigh more on Earth because the force of gravity is greater, even though the can's mass remains unchanged.

Best Answer

No, eliminating the empty space does not make it weigh more, just allows you to fit more of the desired material(aluminum) into a smaller space...

Best Answer

And chocalot milk comes from brown cows! No they dont weigh more, you can just get more in the same space if you crush them down into a smaller package.

Best Answer

No. Does crumpling dollar bills make them worth more?

Best Answer

Nope

Best Answer

Hmm, not sure!

Best Answer

No. They weight exactly the same as before you crushed them.

Best Answer

tHOUGHT SO..

Best Answer

Who would think they weight more?

Best Answer

Someone told me that just trying to prove my point!!

Best Answer