I chill with a bottle of wine nearly every night after I've put my kid to bed. As I've put on a bit of weight I decided to kick it for a while. This is night number one and I'm still up at 5am. Do I have a problem, or is it just a habit?
jingles30 jingles30 31-35 28 Answers May 25, 2009

An alcoholic can be someone who has a glass a day or a<br />
cask a day<br />
Please, if you think you may have a problem, <br />
Talk to someone!!

Best Answer

I am Spanish.........born drinking wine since I was a child. I drink a bottle a day.............never get drunk but just pleasant and with food. This is normal for me and my culture. There is no excess or every a feeling of getting drunk. It is not about that.

Best Answer

Yes I agree to your comment! I lead a healthy lifestyle, I exercise most days and when I fasted on juice detox for 7 days I was the only one who didn't suffer. I do enjoy a bottle of wine most nights but I eat healthy and drink a lot of water and juice micronutrients daily during the day. I do wonder if I'm drinking too much wine in the evenings though...

Best Answer

It means your body has become used to the alcohol before your go to bed. withdrawal symptoms can cause insomnia but if you detox (cold turkey)<br />
you will be sleeping normal again after a few days but for the first few days you might struggle to sleep.

Best Answer

Mt wife has had a 1-2 bottles of wine most nights for the past 25 years and I truly don't believe she is an alcoholic. On the rare occasions when she can't have her wine, it doesn't seem to faze her. She is in great health, sleeps well and functions like any other person. Maybe she is a functional alcoholic as someone mentioned earlier, but it doesn't seem to have a negative affect on her life.

Best Answer

I think so. Maybe not full blown.. but dependent. I know I am. I get stressed out because of life and I don't know how to settle down without it. Last night I did not drink it and I got stressed out over our baby screaming and just being a baby and I started doing yard work and got past the stress and I was fine. I slept great but had night mares. I have tried to quit for a week or two before and get horrible headaches... that is far as I get. My next step is to just have a glass when I get the headaches and see if I can keep it at that... not really sure what to do... but I don't think I need AA. I am over weight and don't eat much.. so I know it is that plus I am 51... with a baby... we adopted.... lots of reasons for this... so now what gals?

Best Answer

It would concern me if i was up at 5 am and the only thing of real significance that had changed was the alcohol consumption. It would be a good time to cut alcohol from your diet for 30 days. See what physical effects and what psychological affects you experience. If you can not do the full 30 days withour or if you find yourself compulsively thinking about alcohol (your favorite drink, wine or whatever it might be) then maybe just to see, seek out a therapist or 12 step program.

Best Answer

It's so hard, right?

Best Answer

I drink a bottle of wine (almost) every night. Starts with dinner and then I finish it. I am convinced the bottles have gotten smaller. 1 bottle of wine is about 4 to 5 6oz sized wine glasses. I also get up, get dressed and work 10 hours a day. I pay my bills, I feed my children, I write blogs, I have a super clean home and I am very detailed and organized. <br />
I sleep better if I 'DO NOT drink. After a bottle of wine, I do not get belligerent, I do not say things I would not say if not drinking. If I make agreements or promises to do some thing with someone when I am drinking wine, I do it. I don't say things then later blame it on the alcohol.<br />
My best friend died of alcoholism. She was a nasty drunk (the kind who would call you at 3am crying and then turn hostile if you tried to help her), she did not hold any job, her home was a mess and her children suffered.<br />
I agree with the prior post, if your life is in order and you like a glass or two or three or more of wine every night--who cares. It is your life!

Best Answer

if you have to have a bottle of wine every night you need to start asking yourself some questions, I am not preaching I am just talking from experience. I have gone from not drinking for 2 yrs thinking I had hold on it to drinking 2 bottles of bubbly and what eva else maybe in the fridge on a regular basis,( meaning every night or every 2nd night) I know In need to get me some assistance on this cause it hasnt done me any favours....girls, girls , girls.if nothing else please let me tel you from experience weight gain is shocking!!! u dont have to eat anything all day and drink 2 bottles of wine and you will suffer with weight gain, high blood pressure and everything else associated with it.. weight gain first and foremost health problems next and an addiction that is crazy to understand and give up.. God love yas all!!!!!

Best Answer

If you are wondering, it's likely. If you drink to sleep, that is unhealthy. Try asking the adult closest to you (who isn't matching you drink-for-drink) to hear what they think. Try going without - switch habits to make the transition easier...have pelligrino and a Tbs. cranberry juice in a wine glass or non-caffinated tea at bedtime to substitute the glass of wine. If you can't make the change, then you may be alcoholic.

Best Answer

Yes.. <br />
I read some where that "drinking can provoke your desires but it reduces your performance..

Best Answer

I would be asking myself these questions:<br />
Is there food in the cupboards and are the bills paid?<br />
When I drink....<br />
Does my behaviour change?<br />
Do I have blackouts?<br />
Do I do and say things I regret?<br />
All of the above would suggest at least a drinking problem but maybe not alcoholism. <br />
By the way, I probably drink more than I should too but I don't consider myself an alcoholic. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Best Answer

try going without it for the next month- then you will know.

Best Answer

Signs point to yes.<br />
I am an alcoholic and I usually have a couple tall cans every day. Though when I don't I don't really go through withdrawls or anything like that, but im pretty sure just wanting to drink makes me an alcoholic.

Best Answer

I took a class once and they recommended at least 2 alcohol free days a week. Good Luck!

Best Answer

You may have both a habit and alcholism. try not drinking any alcohol for about 40 days if the cravings for any alcohol come upon you yes you have alcohoism and it will be rough. the habit is to drink something else at night a decafe tea or something warm to soothe you. Most people do not reliaze they are alcoholics until they try and stop.

Best Answer

There are so many road blocks put up to stop people from having control of their own lives these days. Religion is not mass-popular so the replacement is to control the public with health warnings, signs, archaic laws, policies, the media and the newspapers. What I have personally found is that people who drink have a far more realistic view of the world, we don't dismiss things so quickly and are not afraid to look at facts in the face - this is why I think drinking has become the new 'Satan' in society, along with other more hard core drugs - because it allows people to take back control of their own minds.

Best Answer

When not used in excess of course - or when not used in excess of the drinkers capacity - so a bottle of wine a night for you or me is the same as a thimble of ginger beer to another, excess means outside of your own personal limits

Best Answer

I know an Italian guy who is 89 and still very active. He is confident it's because he has had a bottle of red almost every day since he was 20. Not saying this is a recommended thing to do but he is living proof that it can't be all bad I guess.

Best Answer