I haven't wore earrings for a long time. I only do it on special occasions. will my ear piercing hole close?
LittleLena LittleLena 36-40, F 23 Answers Aug 28, 2009

Yes, but it depends on how long you've had the piercing. <br />
I've had my ears pierced since I was 2 (17 years) and when I was younger, they'd close, but now I can go months without wearing earrings and they stay open.

Best Answer

I think I was about 5 to 6 years old

Best Answer

Yes ANY of your holes will close up permanently if you don't use them. ANY!

Best Answer

I got my second earring holes when I was 10 but I haven't worn earrings in them for about 5 years. I just tried to put earrings in them and I could. They didn't close up at all. I think it must depend on the person?

Best Answer

Yes. Everyone is different

Best Answer

i never wear earrings now ,but reading this i try them my left ear is closed up ,i use to wear a earring in it a lot 1.5 mm hole ,its closed.but my right ear is still open i never wear a earring in that at all.but i love the holes now it closed.

Best Answer

weird. thanks for your answer

Best Answer

i went at my left ear and try it with a paper clip and found a hole .i dont have earrings anymore

Best Answer

I've had my ears pierced when I was 3 and I never wear earrings... maybe once a year, I will.<br />
And they're still there. Haven't closed up at all.

Best Answer

That's possible it just depends on the person and how they body heals

Best Answer

Possibly since earring holes tend to close from 4-6 week but it all depends on the person

Best Answer

can i wear earings without a hole in my ears, thus any type of earings come than we can wear without any hole

Best Answer

I had my ear pierced when I was 16 kept an earing in till I was 21 didn't have an earing again till 31 and the hole is still there

Best Answer

Yes never take out your earrings unless you put them back in at night

Best Answer

I left my earrings our for just a week and when I came to put them back in they wouldn't go through I had to go down to Claires and have them re-pierced.

Best Answer

it depends on how long you have had them pierced. If you have had them for like 13 years or more than i'd say you could probably go for a few months without them closing. it also depends on how BIG your holes are. if you have GAUGED your ear holes they will probably never close.

Best Answer

yes, mine did but there is a slight depression in the skin where the hole used to be

Best Answer

depends how long you have had earrings in them. like if youve worn earrings for 10 years then u can leave em off for like 5 and they wont close. but if youve only had earring there for like a week then youve got like one day where u could have them without earrings or else they will close. I know from experience lol i have 8 earrings on EACH ear PLUS guages.

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

I think it depends on the person & how often they wear, or don't wear, earrings. My ears were pierced when I was seven, but from the time I was around 19-around 24, I didn't wear any earrings. Then, when I went to wear them again, they were closed up. I had to re-pierce them then (myself) & now, every time I want to wear earrings, that's what I have to do.

Best Answer

no they don't once they are healed, but tongue rings close do ;)

Best Answer

i had my ears peirced for 20 years, and i frquently wore earrings. theni developed an allergy to them. 5 years later they closed up.

Best Answer

I dont wear earrings often, and sometimes my right earhole closes and i poke it open again with my earring, hurts like heck but works, from now on i will keep my earrings in and wear my fav hat to keep them in place

Best Answer

Like everyone keeps saying, it depends on the person. Any piercing can close up. I used to wear 5 in my left ear and 3 in my right. In my 20s I just wore one on each of my earlobes and one in my top cartilage. I tried the other day to put another stud in one of my old holes and it only went in a little bit, and wasn't about to try and push it through (I've done it before and it made my ear extremely sore, more so than when I first pierced them). Also I had my tongue piercing out for close to 3 years, and was able to put it back in with just a little twisting. Same with my eyebrow and nose. Now that I've had my tongue piercing out for over 6 years, it will only go in about half way and that's it. So it totally depends on the person, how long it's been pierced, and how well the piercer did.

Best Answer

The longer you wore earrings when you wore them every day, the longer it will take for your piercing holes to close if you do not wear earrings. Every time you wear earrings now you are pushing your holes back to their original size which means the closing process starts all over again. If, like many women in your age group, your ears were pierced when you were in your teens or younger and you wore earrings most every day for several years your piercing holes are now permanent and will remain open for the rest of your life even if you never wore earrings again.

Best Answer