I haven't wore earrings for a long time. I only do it on special occasions. will my ear piercing hole close?
LittleLena LittleLena 36-40, F 25 Answers Aug 28, 2009

Yes, but it depends on how long you've had the piercing. <br />
I've had my ears pierced since I was 2 (17 years) and when I was younger, they'd close, but now I can go months without wearing earrings and they stay open.

Best Answer

I think I was about 5 to 6 years old

Best Answer

I got my second earring holes when I was 10 but I haven't worn earrings in them for about 5 years. I just tried to put earrings in them and I could. They didn't close up at all. I think it must depend on the person?

Best Answer

Yes. Everyone is different

Best Answer

Yes ANY of your holes will close up permanently if you don't use them. ANY!

Best Answer

Like the anal?

Best Answer

i never wear earrings now ,but reading this i try them my left ear is closed up ,i use to wear a earring in it a lot 1.5 mm hole ,its closed.but my right ear is still open i never wear a earring in that at all.but i love the holes now it closed.

Best Answer

weird. thanks for your answer

Best Answer

i went at my left ear and try it with a paper clip and found a hole .i dont have earrings anymore

Best Answer

Yes never take out your earrings unless you put them back in at night

Best Answer

I've had my ears pierced when I was 3 and I never wear earrings... maybe once a year, I will.<br />
And they're still there. Haven't closed up at all.

Best Answer

That's possible it just depends on the person and how they body heals

Best Answer

Possibly since earring holes tend to close from 4-6 week but it all depends on the person

Best Answer

can i wear earings without a hole in my ears, thus any type of earings come than we can wear without any hole

Best Answer

I had my ear pierced when I was 16 kept an earing in till I was 21 didn't have an earing again till 31 and the hole is still there

Best Answer

I left my earrings our for just a week and when I came to put them back in they wouldn't go through I had to go down to Claires and have them re-pierced.

Best Answer

I first had mine done at Piercing Pagoda. They were trying to close up with the earrings still in them. Then I had them redone at a tattoo studio. A good tattoo studio will be happy to explain their all aspects of their process. Often know what to do in case of an emergency and in some areas regulated by state and or local laws.

Best Answer

it depends on how long you have had them pierced. If you have had them for like 13 years or more than i'd say you could probably go for a few months without them closing. it also depends on how BIG your holes are. if you have GAUGED your ear holes they will probably never close.

Best Answer

yes, mine did but there is a slight depression in the skin where the hole used to be

Best Answer

depends how long you have had earrings in them. like if youve worn earrings for 10 years then u can leave em off for like 5 and they wont close. but if youve only had earring there for like a week then youve got like one day where u could have them without earrings or else they will close. I know from experience lol i have 8 earrings on EACH ear PLUS guages.

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

I think it depends on the person & how often they wear, or don't wear, earrings. My ears were pierced when I was seven, but from the time I was around 19-around 24, I didn't wear any earrings. Then, when I went to wear them again, they were closed up. I had to re-pierce them then (myself) & now, every time I want to wear earrings, that's what I have to do.

Best Answer

no they don't once they are healed, but tongue rings close do ;)

Best Answer

i had my ears peirced for 20 years, and i frquently wore earrings. theni developed an allergy to them. 5 years later they closed up.

Best Answer

It's possible. I had to take mine out due to surgery. The doctor told me to wait 6 months before putting them back in. 2 spots little problem. The other 2 I had my piercer re do them. The one developed a blood pocket so I had to wait there until it stopped and have the ring put in.

Best Answer

i got mine pierced at 6 months old wore earrings constantly till about 8 then stopped wearing them all together until i was 14 to which i got a second hole above my originals and wore them until for a year and havent worn earrings since. that was like 7 years ago. I just put earrings in with little difficulty. So I dunno.

Best Answer

the originals didnt close up either by time i got the second holes btw

Best Answer

I dont wear earrings often, and sometimes my right earhole closes and i poke it open again with my earring, hurts like heck but works, from now on i will keep my earrings in and wear my fav hat to keep them in place

Best Answer