Seriously why? What good deeds has she personally done for any of you who support her with your hard earned taxes?
Truble4all Truble4all 41-45, M 11 Answers Apr 28 in Politics

the UK makes money from the tourism but the queen doesn't have very much power

Best Answer

Yes I'm well aware of that but she does live off of others taxes ! And she lives quite well from what I've been told!

Best Answer

they bring in more money with the queen than they spend

Best Answer

Oh really well that's good news then I didn't know that? Are you very certain?

Best Answer

No, there is no real need for a King or a Queen anywhere. Some countries are just stubbornly loyal to traditions, so they cling to such long outmoded things as royalty.

Best Answer

It's a constitutional monarchy so it kind of does

Best Answer

not if they CHANGE the constitution... it isn't NEEDED... we need air, water, food and shelter... govt? well there are many diff kinds... so the answer to "Does England NEED a King or Queen?" is no... no, they do not NEED one. they could change the constitution, set up another type of govt and NOT die... therefore it is NOT needed...

Best Answer

I agree with you! Course I don't live there I live in Texas but still in theory I think that would work out just fine!

Best Answer

Meaning I agree with mother of 4 girls but disagree with kwbc ! Respectfully..

Best Answer

The U.K. has a written and unwritten constitution that uses customs from over a thousand years ago as laws today with one of those being that the current sovereign appoints the PM, royal assent, leader of the state religion, appease foreign leaders and throw parties, and the people there love them (most of them). By deciding to no longer have any royalty in their government would probably mean that the people no longer like any of the government and stage a revolution and since England isn't really liked by the Scottish they would split, same with northern Ireland. It's true that they are not a fundamental life source, but the same could be said about all government officials. The sovereign has A LOT of influence there so I'm sure they wouldn't be easy to get rid of

Best Answer

Ok I see what you are saying and I think it makes some sense but back to my original question is a Queen or King needed? Today?

Best Answer

The people of U.K. seem to like it a lot (87% was the last figure I saw). They are not needed, but sometimes it's not about need, but rather wants and desires. Do you need your phone or computer? No, but do you want them? You tell me.

Best Answer

I'm not pro-Monarchy but prefer a Constitutional Monarchy to the alternatives I've seen. Republics don't seem to work any better, and sometimes seem to have even more problems

Best Answer

So you choose both sides of the fence? Pick one please?

Best Answer

Constitutional Monarchy, no doubt in my mind

Best Answer

Isnt she like a symbol that provides morale to the people. Other than that...why kerp those freeloading knobs around

Best Answer

Valid point!

Best Answer

They spend millions on them every year for no reason.

Best Answer

Nope, it is all an exercise in futility and a colossal waste of tax payer money

Best Answer

I could not have said it any better!

Best Answer

Makes them feel good, gives continuity to their history, pulls in the tourists

Best Answer

So hire a beautiful lady and give her the title just for tourism sake and pay her about 1 /100th of the salary that the current queen gets and use that leftover money to help the poor and the sick and the young people trying to get educations! Stop the waste!

Best Answer

First, every country has to have a head of state. We have the Queen. You once had G.W. Bush!<br />
The queen is the most experienced diplomat alive in the world today.<br />
In the circles that she works in she is respected by almost every other head of state, and love as an old friend by many. She smooth's the way to endless trade agreements that would otherwise never happen. <br />
She is cutting back now, but has worked tirelessly for this country al of her life.<br />
I am not a royalist, but I do believe in giving credit where it's due.<br />
Lastly, if we had to elect a head of state, we could end up with someone like Tony Blair, and worst, in the past we might have had Thatcher the evil old corpse.

Best Answer

Thatcher was very conservative. Ronald Reagan said that she was one of the most brilliant true conservatives that he has ever had the pleasure of meeting! When is the last time you're queen became actually involved in the inner workings of an actual trade agreement? Hmm? I bet it's been more than a decade? What a waste of precious resources from the poor starving taxpayers!

Best Answer

The Queen is never involved in any trade or political machinations. It is due to the respect that most foreign heads of state have for her, and the facilities she has to make any visitor feel happy contented spoiled and very special, that when they meet our Prime minister next day, things are much easier to negotiate.
You may not like it, or want to admit it, but it's a fact.
This tiny group of islands have not been among the top ten most successful countries in the world, for most of our 2,000 year history by being stupid and needlessly wasteful.

Best Answer

Ok

Best Answer