My boyfriend gets annoyed with me often. He doesn't like the way I communicate. When he is angry he says ever mean thing he can think of he attacks my personality, friendships, job performance, and etc. I know these things aren't true but they are hard to forget. He says that everyone says mean and cruel things when their angry. I don't, do you?
comebackcafe804 comebackcafe804 36-40 11 Answers Jun 26, 2010

No, I don't. I may think them, but I don't say them. People who do that are emotionally abusive.

Best Answer

i have, but i'm not proud of it. real love never hurts, and if your bf needs to hurt you it means that he might not love himself or love you enough.<br />
once i say something it can never be taken back. it's a lot better to control your emotions long enough to think and say what you really mean later. it's the respectful thing to do and much better than blurting out something which can't be undone.<br />
i've had to call a time out in fights before, saying very truthfully that i wasn't ready to express how i felt at the time. feelings change once anger fades and allows you to see what is really there when anger is not there. anger lies to you. you can discuss what happened a lot easier later.<br />
it takes a very strong person to take responsibility for everything they say. it takes a coward to blame others or lie about stuff and use a partner as an emotional or physical punching bag.

Best Answer

Verbal abuse is a form of domestic violence (look it up). Find somebody more grown-up. This one you can't know happiness with...

Best Answer

He's not being fair you both need to set down and talk things out without name calling and that sort of thing.

Best Answer

I make a point of shutting down when I'm angry or upset. My family don't like it. But I strongly believe that a thing said in anger or pain can't be unsaid, ever. So I just don't say anything until I have thought it through.<br />
Its not good, I know. But I think its better than the alternative.

Best Answer

No. And I have to be really incensed to yell. I think that when you start yelling, you just rev yourself up. And I believe that the volume increase is a sure sign that the brain is taking a backseat to emotion. It could be that he really doesn't mean everything he says, but he is for sure being disrespectful. If I were you, I would leave the room immediately when he started yelling or attacking in a personal and immature way. If you can choose to have manners and respect, then so can he. If not, then he is too immature for a relationship of any sort. And he doesn't understand love.

Best Answer

I admit I am very nasty when I am hurt/angry and have probaly said similiar type stuff that your bf said - I have told people I love to 'drop dead' I have been so angry!

Best Answer