lifehurts12 lifehurts12 22-25, F 18 Answers Nov 12, 2012 in Depression

yeah, it's called exposure therapy. I wouldn't say it makes you stronger, but it is the key to reducing the stress you get from being anxious about things.

Best Answer

Yes I think it does and it helps you deal with the much harder things that will challenge you in life.

Best Answer

I think it helps to overcome your anxiety. At least a little bit

Best Answer

What doesn't kill you gives you the conviction to track it down and kill it for trying.

Best Answer

I suppose it does.

Every time I overcome something I am anxious about I feel better about myself.

But I still have anxiety attacks. I think it is a chemical imbalance in my brain, not real!

Best Answer

I'd say so, the bonus to that is you have every chance of not spending a lot of negative energy thinking about the "anxiety". Prolonged anxiety is not a good thing and can have a knock on effect in your self confidence.

Best Answer

Yes, I think it does - except bees, I can't ever face bees *shudder* lol

Best Answer

If it's a phobia there several methodologies available to start the process to "face" what may make you anxious and lessen that anxiety.

Best Answer

Without a doubt!

Best Answer

yes and it also boosts confidence at the same time.

Best Answer

yes. It does. At the very least, it's something you've attempted to handle and isn't just looming in the distance, unhandled

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

Could make you more anxious. Could go either way.

Best Answer

Yes it does. The more you face it the stronger you get especially if it was traumatic to go through it in the first place.

Best Answer

DEFINITELY... so face it! :)

Best Answer

I guess it does eventually.

Like lifting weights or walking a great distance.

If you survive.

:)

Best Answer