If you have forgiven someone does that mean that you shouldn't fear going to them? If there is still fear of going to them does that mean that you haven't truely forgiven them?
Jesusfoundme Jesusfoundme 31-35, F 10 Answers Sep 18, 2009

You can forgive the person and not forgive the act. If the person hurt you it is possible to forgive but be smart enough to know that you should be afraid of allowing them to get close enough to hurt you again. Fear is probably a defense mechanism in such a case and not an indication that you were unable to forgive.

Best Answer

Both fear and unforgiveness come from weakness, while weakness comes from ignorance. Hence, knowledge is considered as power.

Best Answer

No, that is completely backwards. You can't forgive someone that you fear.

Best Answer

Fear does not stem from unforgiveness. Anger does. Repressed anger can cause all sorts of nasty complications. Bad health, depression and other mental illness, sabotaging success, not being in control of your own behavior and emotions, etc. Fear is the bodies reaction to danger. It stems from having a bad experience and not being able to deal with it appropriately at the time. That's why adults get phobias. It is usually that they learnt it from someone elses reaction to it, when they were a child. Post traumatic stress disorder happens when we have experienced an extremely nasty incident and our body has programmed our mind into reacting to any similar stimulus in order to help us survive. Fear creates a fight, flight, freeze reaction where loads of adrenalin is pumped around our bodies and our physical body get ready physically to take action. The problem with PTSD is that the body can't switch the reaction off naturally, when there is no danger, and hence, it keeps recurring. A car backfiring can be perceived by the brain to be a bullet a bullet!

Best Answer

A wise man once said "we have nothing to fear but fear itself" (or something like that).

Best Answer

No it means your intelligent and the person you fear hasn't given you any reason to trust them again...It has nothing to do with not forgiving.....<br />
I have forgiven my childhood abusers,but I wouldn't leave my kids with them.....

Best Answer

Yup! Your screwed. That's why I forgive everyone in my heart to earn my inner peace and walk the **** away from them. Try it!

Best Answer

I woudlne say this is a question of fear but trust. Even though you have forgiven soemone it will take time for them to regain your trust

Best Answer