FoundThenLostOnTheSameDay FoundThenLostOnTheSameDay 22-25 10 Answers Nov 28, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

My grandparents were together since sixteen, married at 17 and are 83 and 88.

My grandmother is very stubborn and emotional and suffered bowel cancer a long time ago, before i was born. Without my granddad she would have given up. He gets up at 7am every morning, fetches the paper and mail, makes her breakfast in bed and tells her she's the most beautiful woman he's ever seen.

I've watched them dance around to old records in their living room, cry over grandchildren, wait for hours for each other in hospitals.

If that's not true love, then show me what is.

Best Answer

My husband and I have been married for 42 years ... and continue to love and respect each other. I think it's going to be always for us.

Best Answer

my sister sinead has been with her husband since they were 16 there both very intelligent people have done very well in life..nice house own buisness cars etc etc etc..he is a very good father husband mate friend..he came from a poor back ground and has worked his bollix of to get where he is today,he can be a bit up his own *** at times but he has earned it..my sister 100 percent cool but i'm biast i love her unconditionally

Best Answer

My parents, great grandparents and grandparents.

Parents going on 27 years

Grandparents going on 57 years

When my great grandparents were alive they stayed married for their entire lives, so about 60-70 years together.

Best Answer

My parents are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary this Saturday. Before them both of their respective parents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversaries. they are still very gentle and tender with each other. They have their fights and disagreements, every human relationship does. But they have celebrated their lives with each other and are preparing for their deaths together.

Best Answer

I like your response to techgeekgirl answer :)

Best Answer

Thank you

Best Answer

i think the term 'love' is something that is different for all of us but i would say that being 'in love' only lasts so long after that its about respect and loving each other for what they are but being 'in love' im not so sure it lasts forever

Best Answer

I think you're right about that. The problem seems to be that couples are unprepared for their relationships to change. And they DO. Relationships change and grow just like people.

Best Answer

definitely!! i think if you are aware that it will one day change you can prepare yourself for that...i think the 'in love' is really all about adrenaline also once that goes feels like something is missing but its just different

Best Answer

I think "in love" is a Hollywood fabrication that emphasises feelings over the reality of the decision to love. Infatuation is wonderful in Hollywood and seen as love. However it is an immediate but none lasting attraction. Love is actually not a feeling, it is a commitment to give without expectation of return. So a couple can be in love for a very long time and occasionally, feel the intenseness of infatuation, but most likely the satisfaction of giving and receiving through that giving. Hard to put in a movie and not a seller at the box office:)

Best Answer

bonnie and clyde... there's an example

Best Answer

Forever is a very long time. As far as we can tell, not even the universe itself will last forever.

But some things can last a life-time. There are people in this world who will do their duty even if it kills them. That is a good sign.

Best Answer

Goose and their partner mate for life.

Best Answer

My grandparents were married 64 years and loved each other truly through their whole marriage

Best Answer