Everyone's asking the same thing, but again I ask.....
Thethinkingthinker Thethinkingthinker 13-15, M 21 Answers Sep 10, 2012 in Religion

There is actually physical evidence and cause and effect scenarios as well as patterns and nature that 'suggests' (please understand that they are suggestions and in no way prove anything) that God may exist. Please do the research before you make a statement of this magnitude. Religions can be picked apart, the existence of God cannot

Best Answer

Scientifically you mean not philosophically.......

Best Answer

and really, once we get past religion and dogma we must eventually realize that God is just the oldest way of talking about reality that we have - at it's simplest it's just another word for 'world', 'nature', and 'force' - at this level it becomes ridiculous to argue whether God exists or not, the problem is defining God

Best Answer

yes I mean scientifically...

Best Answer

Jesus is lord of lords king of kings

Best Answer

Only in the minds of many many people

Best Answer

Yes..

Best Answer

God is the very essence of existence, "I Am Who Is".

Best Answer

Yes he does and his name is jesus

Best Answer

Of course not.

Best Answer

Why?

Best Answer

Why? really? you even have to ask?
Its because we dont need no god. Ask yourself a question if there is just one god - why do we have so many religions? Why would we need them? If there is a god why doesn't it just show itslef to us and say - hey Im your god worship me as I have created you....
Additionaly if there was a god why would it need us to worship it, pray, obey some riddiculous rules. Why would it create us (supposedly in its image) and then tell us - yeah I created you with all your bits and pieces but you cannot really use them freely because you would be commiting sins. WTF?
I think the more important question is why have we invented god?
Some say that is because we needed something simple to exlpain the universe which we do not simply understand. We have no real clue on how the universe began (or indeed if there was a beginning), we have barely grasped how some of the physical laws work, we have no idea how the life started, we have no idea how it will end. Hell we have no idea how the human brain works and what is consciousness. That is why we invented "god" - to simplify things. Now some can just say - god created it, do not ask questions because its god's will. What a load of bollocks :)

Best Answer

At our prayer group we once discussed the love of God.I said that I am going to do a systematic study of it over a period of one year.A fewe days later I spent one evening thinking about it for over an hour.That night I dreamed that another person at our prayer meeting and I was paging through the Bible looking for something.But all the while a text verse kept coming up in my mind.The next morning on waking I said to my wife that I am going to look it up.It was from Romans 5:8 and it simply states that god's love is revealed in the fact that Jesus Christ died for us while wewere still sinners. that's all - just the one text verse.

I don't think it can be pure coincidence and I certainly did not know the existence of that particular text verse (although I knew of similar ones in the NT)

To believe in God is to believe and not to know - believing is the action of 'knowing' and to keep believing is the thing that will convince you eventually.But it is very different from satisfying your desire to see for absolute proof because it happens in the heart of people.Ask yourself : why do believers in God become even more so as the years pass,and I am talking about people who have managed to withstand the initial attacks on them and their belief (as so clearly pointed out in the Bible with the parable of the seed - Luke 8.)

In summary I would say :Yes, God does exist but it is only for real believers that are attuned to the small (and important!) things in life that this become more evident every day.

Best Answer

I'd like to think I do. And you know what, when I hear people arguing against my existence I feel so proud and alive. They are so amazingly smart.

Best Answer

As long as people are looking for someone to blame for their failures, God exists.

People always they are unable to understand something or are in a state of helplessness will turn their eyes to the deity.

Best Answer

If he/she exists, he/she's very discreet in laughing at us.

Best Answer

yes - some people just prefer to call things by their own names

Best Answer

and others distinguish between concepts.

Best Answer

sure - i just wish more atheists would distinguish between the specific meaning of God in Christian dogma from the phenomenological meaning of God in anthropology as the original word unifying 'world' and 'action'

Best Answer

because most of the time two people arguing about God have two completely different objects in their respective mind and their arguments never even touch one another

Best Answer

sorry for my appalling grammar

Best Answer

Why do you ask? Do you think everything will be solved if you repeat over and over again there is such a thing?

Best Answer

Try and try before you die

Best Answer

Aspiring preacher?

Best Answer

Does he need to be?

Best Answer

Nobody have seen him around lately, but still nobody has proved hes' not here at all.

Best Answer

Well, first we must figure out what a "god" is. Does anyone know what defines a spirit as a god? If a god is just an omnipotent being, then no he does not exist.

Best Answer

Absolutely.

Best Answer