I personally don't think a sentient being does exist. I agree with what Christopher Hitchens said The reason religion exists today and continues to thrive is because Man is afraid of death, we as a whole fail to grasp our own mortality and as a result of that, turn to Gods or religion for comfort for the unknown. Untill we come to terms with our mortality and the fact that we will die and there is no way of knowing for certain what awaits of IF anything, religion will continue to exsist and thrive. "If you take from a man his fear of hell you take from him his religion" (Side note) I'm not looking to be objectified or told that y beliefs are wrong, there is no wrong belief and to suggest so is absurd. Just looking for a friendly debate and maybe learn a few things about why people believe wat they believe and what it is they believe in.
dunnowhattodoo dunnowhattodoo 16-17, M 13 Answers Feb 8, 2013 in Hobbies

Agreed

Best Answer

I do not know.

HOWEVER, science has explained so much of the world around us I hink it's silly to stop when we've solves 90% of the world's mysteries and say "god did it".

Lastly, It is not up to those who deny god's existence to prove his absence, it is up to the believers to do so. Those who believed in the Giant Squid set out and found it, those who believed the world was a sphere used shadows to prove it (BEFORE THE INVENTION OF STEAM POWER), Those who believed the earth rotated around the sun used astronomical charts and recors to prove it.

Why is a god that is allegedly Omnipotent, everywhere, integral to life, and the cause for everything existing ever left no evidence, proof, or way to directly contact him?

Best Answer

If "God" as described in the bible were a person... "he" is someone I wouldn't want anything to do with.
Personally, I think "God" is life itself, purest energy in all forms, and without gender.
But for those who truly, truly need it , I believe "God" will give evidence of "his" existence when people need it most, and no sooner.

Best Answer

wouldnt the best way to explain a proof of his existance be in the human nature to desire to worship? besides... I don't know about 90% of the universe...

Best Answer

If the desire to worhip were a inherent need they would always worship the same god/s, in the same way, and have the same laws. They don't so clearly it's not inherent or natural to believe in gods.

Best Answer

Most likely if there is a god would we wouldn't recodnise him.

Best Answer

G! DAMN YOU COMPUTER AND YOUR PUNY SPEED CAPACITY!!!!!

Best Answer

I'd like to think a "God" exists. I'd rather be a believer & have faith than not to believe and find out I was wrong when it's too late. It doesn't hurt any to believe in something.

Best Answer

hmmm... pascal's wager... but you are prob a deist?

Best Answer

No I'm not.

Best Answer

May It does, Maybe they do.

But unless one is proven i wont believe.

Best Answer

Can you prove his seemingly nonexistence? There is evidence of his invisibly eternal power everywhere. Including our own existence on this earth. God will either show himself to you in other variations or you will remain ignorant of his existence until the day you die. Otherwise it's not up to anyone to prove his existence but to maintain faith in that and defend it if someone chooses to attack them for their belief. People all over the world have their reasons for believing in him and not believing, and if they choose to share that experience with you then that is fine but do not dock them down because your brain cannot handle the fact that he is very real.

EP Link

Best Answer

His non exsistance is proven untill there is imperical physical evedence it does exist. The earth was concidered square untill proven sphericle

Best Answer

Where is the proof that he doesn't exist? Where is your proof?

Best Answer

you dont really understand the logic. the burden of proof is on you, not the other way around...

Best Answer

It goes both ways. If you have the audacity to deny the existence of something, you might as well prove it doesn't exist therefore and final, if you can.

Best Answer

yes, but you cannot prove or disprove the negative

Best Answer

Exactly.

Best Answer

that is why the burden is more on your side... you're a gnostic aren't you?

Best Answer

No. I know he's there but even if you cannot disprove or prove a negative, that doesn't mean I can convince anyone either, its a personal experience, however why claim something doesn't exist if you cannot disprove it's existence. It's silly.

Best Answer

however why claim something doesn't exist if you cannot disprove it's existence.
It's because of the complains of religion, the toxicity it brings to the people...

Best Answer

western religion mostly... have you tried to psychoanalyze hitchens, dawkins and other "intellectual" atheists? for a change

Best Answer

Depends on the people.

Best Answer

i think god exists, not because im afraid of hell (because i dont think im going there even if i dont believe in god) but because i see evidence in the world and in my own life

Best Answer

Thats completely reasonable, kudos man.

Best Answer

I had the worst night of my life last night. I asked God for a sign that he was real and got nothing. Either I don't matter or there is no God. I hope it's the second.

Best Answer

yup along with aliens, yeti and unicorns

Best Answer

Did Hitchens mention anything about why life exists or why our fear of death exists?

Best Answer

He doesnt need to, when you beleive in something it isnt the others job to prove its non exsistance but yours to prove its exsistance

Best Answer

Psychologicly speaking, we fear death because we fear the unknown. think of death and not knowing what waits for you its scary. Also Evolution and blind luck with the arangment of atoms and molicules

Best Answer

I believe that the answer lies in the fact that life desires to keep living.

Best Answer

Well yeah, we desire to live because death is fkin scary. I dont know what awaits me after death and i admit it is a bit frightening. If you really think about it death is a very scary thing, much like how a young child fears the dark we really dont know whats lurking in the shadows

Best Answer

Why can't anyone ever accept our lives are meaningless and the Point of Life is to create your own meaning?

Best Answer

I mean at a deeper level. Why the fear is there...it's there because we fear the unknown, because the unknown might threaten our safety or well being...one's life. The question for me is why does the need to protect that life generate fear? Why is that life so important to preserve, promote, and reproduce? What lies at the core of that priority?

Best Answer

Why do people even justify a point to life anyway? Feels a lot like reading the ending of a book before the rest of the book

Best Answer

Lots of Qs. lol

Best Answer

Basic instinct and now anyway, the need for a family

Best Answer

Your points express my views exactly and many others feel the same way too. We're all just here to keep each other company while on the journey.

Best Answer

basic instinct and self- preservation. if we didn't have that then the human race would have been sifted in the evolutionary gene pool...

Best Answer