itsallaparadox itsallaparadox 26-30, M 13 Answers Jan 9, 2013 in Health

Work pays off. Hard work pays better. Smart work pays better still.

Best Answer

Thanks...I definitely missed that last one. I'll have to try that now :)

Best Answer

unless your money works for you , your a modern day slave

Best Answer

Couldn't have said it better myself...unfortunately that is exactly what I am :( How do I make my money work for me???... (and yes I am lucky enough that my job pays quite well)

Best Answer

you have to be really rich for your money to work for you so your investments are worth while in pay back dividends or residual addups and tax sheltering or what have you

Best Answer

I know. I've thought about investing but even $10000 doesn't get me that far unless I get 5 times my money back...might as well take my chances with the lottery :P

Best Answer

@Hirafu: "property boom"...there is a HUGE win for you. I bought a condo 5 years ago at the peak of the market, then BOOM!!! CRASH!!! ... down the drain went my money :( Sucks to be me I guess...

Best Answer

it doesn't get you anywhere unless you get your *** out there, pack your suitcase and travel the world.

Best Answer

I have done that...(vacation)...but then I come back and I'm working the same job doing the same thing everyday just to get a paycheque to get out of here again for 2 weeks :(

Best Answer

Keep going you have to retire on day and then you die. That's life

Best Answer

@crabby24: that is how I am feeling right now. I'm just going to plug away until it ends...

Best Answer

It gets you into the position where they want the hardest worker.

Best Answer

True...but then what???... I just work hard for the rest of my life?

Best Answer

Well said. If you are good at a job, they will keep you there. Putting you in a new positions means they need a new guy for your old job, who will not be as good as you. From the company's point of view that is a bad choice.

Best Answer

Yep. They always like the most exploitable people and the hardest workers earn them the biggest rewards. Don't worry someone is benefiting from all that hard work. Probably some executive and shareholder types.

Best Answer

Working hard is not enough.<br />
A track record of reliability, problem-solving, delivery on complex problems, commanding will get you somewhere.

Best Answer

6 years and not having been noticed or seen already is too late. Make yourself heard or seen else you are out.

Best Answer

I think you must be either lucky or a back-stabbing bastard and a first-class ***-kisser without free time to get up the ladder of success. Lying to customers to get stuff sold, talking bad about colleagues, pointing out their mistakes to the boss after you solved the problem. And you have to do more than is asked of you. What ever they ask of you is the absolute minimum they expect you to do. Like in school, where every teacher scolded you for not doing your homework, but nobody praised you for doing the homework... because it was expected of you.<br />
Here is a little motivational speech by Alac Baldwin:<br />
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-AXTx4PcKI

Best Answer

Only six years? Bust it for a few more before you start complaining!

Best Answer

Well I'm starting to think that it isn't worth busting so maybe I'll just give it a break and just scrape by...although maybe busting it for "a few more" will knock a few years off my life :P haha...a win-win situation...

Best Answer

The more you work, the less time you have and the more tax you pay.

Best Answer

True...but the "more" time that I work would just be spent sleeping or watching TV so I figure better to make some more dough...

Best Answer

If you say so. My view is that my time is more valuable than money. I'd rather be a broke a$$ loser sitting on a park bench, watching the world go by, than a rich guy locked in a castle.

Best Answer

sheep always learn the hard way lol

Best Answer

True dat...do you think I need to be more of a d!ckhead and an a$$hole???... :P

Best Answer

meaning ?

Best Answer

To not be a sheep...

Best Answer

well if you have busted ya asss for 6 years and got no were ..what do you think lol

Best Answer

hey Im going to be the only honest person here. Working hard is overrated. Network and do the bare minimum when you can.That's the way to get ahead and keep your sanity. Hard work just leads to getting more work.

Best Answer