In a world were our modern society brags moral incentives to treat everybody equally. Why is it that we treat short men like second class humans?
Biorhythm Biorhythm 36-40, M 3 Answers May 23 in Politics

If someone treats you like a second class human, treat them the same way back. Take no bullshit.

Best Answer

Thanks for your input but I don't think it's that simple. If a short dude takes no bullshit and stands up to being mistreated, it's seen as him having 'A Napoleon Complex' or 'Short man syndrome'.

Best Answer

Are you a short man?

Best Answer

Taller men are physically more attractive. It's the same thing as a pretty girl getting more attention than a plain one. <br />
It's just the world, man.

Best Answer

It goes beyond physical attraction dude. It effects job prospects, how a person is generally viewed and in turn how their life is affected. We're treated like we have an affliction, yet we're denied the right bring it to light. It's conveniently shrugged off. I'm aware of it being around since the dawn of time, but what concerns me is the way it's getting worse.

Best Answer

Yes, it does affect everything, and everyone. I'm surprised that this is a conversation for you, at your age.

Best Answer

Another thing is, like with all discrimination, we're stigmatised and stereotyped...plain looking girls aren't.

Best Answer

How can you say that plain girls are not stigmatized or stereotyped? Everyone is. It's just how the human machine works. We remember our experiences and associated them with whoever or whatever it was with. Everything is discrimination. It takes a discriminating mind to think critically, to behave as society dictates.

Best Answer

Name one fella. Name one trait or stigmatisation directed towards plain girls.

Best Answer

Anyway mate, I'm not complaining about or denying anything you've said, I'm just intrigued by it. It used to be that us little dudes were simply seen as 'wimpy' etc..however, we're now revered as being 'angry' or 'obtuse' or having a 'complex' or 'syndrome'! It's a recent thing.

Best Answer

Everything goes in cycles, friend. It's nothing new, but it may be new for you. However, I do wish you the best of luck in life. Just try not to take it personally. I don't :)

Best Answer

Believe me, I don't want any special treatment and I don't think I'm different from one man to the next. My life is good and like everyone else, I've had battles and learned to adapt with modern society. It's tough for everyone, and I'm well equipped to handle many situations...good or bad. What bothers me is this new generalisation that we're not very nice people. If we carry on with this belief, short men are going to have a very dark future. I know that it's not everyone's belief, as I have average sized and tall friends and family, one of my closest friends and flatmate is 6ft 2 and we have great banter at the expense of each other's size. Unfortunately it goes beyond a bit of banter with regards to the media's. Within the last couple of months Oxford University found that Small Man Syndrome' Really does exist. These were the words that the media ran with. They did a virtual reality test using mainly tall women to see how short men live in the real world... By making them see life from a shorter perspective(10 inches). The women, and men who were used for the research, most of them with a history of paranoia, said they felt uneasy, mistrustful towards others inferior(vulnerable would have been the term I would have used) and generally felt uncomfortable...almost forgot, and paranoid! Thus proving that ' Small Man Syndrome' 'Really does exist'. Stories like this, from well respected universities which are then published by well respected broadsheets like ' The Times' and and even worse the tabloids. This has a detrimental effect. People will start to dislike short men irrespectively of how kind, generous or compassionate that person may be. I'm not bothered about living as a short man, I'm worried about the direction in which we as a society are heading. Who's next on the hate campaign list. You'd better pray that your not on it... Because it sucks.

Best Answer

yep it does-like weightism exsists for women

Best Answer

I think most short guys would love it if they could exercise themselves to an 'acceptable' height! They can't! I'm not saying it's right for 'weightism' to exist, however, it's just not the same. Even 'Gingerism' is beginning to be recognised as a real unacceptable discrimination...and it should be.

Best Answer

think everyone should accept cards life deals you-should be comftable in your yourown skin. but we live in shallow society. so peope need change

Best Answer

You're absolutely right. To be perfectly honest, I really never gave it any thought, I am happy with being me. I'm confident, talented, healthy and I can be pretty funny too. It's society that has a problem! If you take a look at how short guys are portrayed in the media you'll see...it's not good! You're also right about people needing to change, but for that to happen it really does need to be recognised as a real problem which makes peoples quality of life suffer. I don't know why I've let it get to me recently to be honest...I was doing perfectly fine while ignoring it!

Best Answer

frustrating its social condition,(like men studs women ***** -mentality)women worried how looks,plus caveman protecter thing,they go on about short man syndrome -they lose it cos bigger guys take libertys. so use sticking up for themselves.there are plenty of angry big guys, stop letting others views effect you-be yourself-you cant be anyone else-plus you be happier

Best Answer

Haha, I'm not angry fella. I didn't quite get what you said there sorry. I really don't have a problem with being me, but that won't stop me from being discriminated against.

Best Answer