LizzeeB LizzeeB 18-21, F 9 Answers Jun 30, 2012

Smash it against the ground and presto, its open

Best Answer

Try tapping the side of the lid (gently but firmly) on the counter and then try to open it. This has always worked for me but some jars are really stubborn.

Best Answer

I did all of that, this jar is not giving up easily. I'm tempted to throw it at the wall, it's times like this a boyfriend would come in handy lol

Best Answer

well you are in a pickle aren't you.....yeah it works - hit HARDER....eventually if nothing else the jar will break.....pickles' will be a little EXTRA crunchy though......jam a steak knife through the top......

Best Answer

Best Answer

at the risk of being hit with a pickle jar: for years i used a table knife to "shock" it loose by hitting the top edge of the lid glancing blows in the direction you're turning it -- blows strong enough to leave marks/dents. hubby brought me home a gadget to use in his absence, though, which i now use. it's sort of a giant plier that grips the lids and the long handles make it easy to turn. you might look for something like this to "replace" your brother.

Best Answer

Warm water on the top of the jar will help.

Best Answer

Knock the lid on a table or something, then try again.

Best Answer

Not that I know of. Try running the lid under hot water. Be careful if the jar has been in the fridge though, start with cold water then increase the temp so you don't crack the glass.

Best Answer