Why is it so hard for people to take the time to spell a word correctly? Most of your damn computers have a BUILT IN spell check. Do you see the red squiggly lines under your words? Right click that ****. And fix it. I may make a few grammatical errors from time to time. BUT MAI WIRDS DNT LOK LIEK D1SSSS. *edit* Yes, I realize that some people have disorders, or do not know the English language very well. This question is **NOT** about that.
abstractfear abstractfear 18-21, M 7 Answers Jun 7, 2012

That's a bit harsh don't you think? For some English isn't there first language, some haven't had the good fortune to have received a decent education, some are dyslexic. The spell check and dictionary's are all well and good, but if your spelling is too wide of the mark then they are of very little use to you, all they can do is point out your wrong, that doesn't necessarily help you to get it right.

Best Answer

I am aware of this, but in many cases, It's laziness. Or teenage kids who think writing everything in 1337 is cool.

Best Answer

I was always told I was either lazy or stupid, I knew I tried damn hard when in school so believed for many years that I must in fact be stupid, I'm not! You can't always tell the difference between laziness and someone who is struggling to use the correct spelling so reverts so text speak or there own version of shorthand. Those of you that have a bug up there arse about this often discourage people from trying to write at all because of the ridicule they have heaped on there posts.

Best Answer

"there" first lanugage indeed. :-)

Best Answer

There their, your you're, etc are all classic mistakes I make on a regular basis, I do try and get it right but often don't, how sad are the people who can understand perfectly well what I'm saying, yet feel the need to berate me anyway.

Best Answer

I'm assuming you are talking about people who's first language is english. I understand the frustration very well and yes, it shouldn't be difficult to correct what you type. In fact, anyone who has gone to school shouldn't deem it necessary to correct every second word in their sentences. I still don't bother correcting them, because, well, too much of a hassle for me.

Best Answer

I'm with you on this abstractfear. The whole "text speak" thing that passes for English these days and the fact that so many people don't bother to even attempt to spell correctly is a bit puzzling. ****, did I spell any words wrong? :-)

Best Answer

No, but you missed a comma. ;)

Best Answer

on

Best Answer

Usually people who aren't good at spelling are pretty darn good at math, so I try to avoid upsetting them because, frankly, I need someone to help me do math. lol <br />
That's not to say that laziness in general when it comes to spelling does not annoy me...it does. But if someone is honestly trying their best at spelling, grammar, etc. the way I honestly try my best in math, then I can hardly fault them for whatever mistakes they make. :)

Best Answer

People not being able to read or write at all ? yes that's a bit worrying.<br />
People making spelling mistakes on here because they are dyslexic etc or maybe even so stressed and upset that spelling is the last thing on their mind..no, not one little bit.

Best Answer