I can't seem to stop being mean to a guy I have a huge crush on. I sometimes think I have a slight personality disorder, but then I think maybe I'm just being woman and overreacting. I don't want to hurt his feelings I just want him to think I'm sarcastically funny. He sometimes makes a joke off my mean comments so maybe he doesn't mind them. I have no idea. Please help.
liz7755 liz7755 16-17 10 Answers Jan 9 in Dating & Relationships

I see nothing playful about being mean. Nothing funny about sarcasm.

Best Answer

Yeah. Thank you all for the help. Not to sound conceited but I am a very nice girl. I do get very nervous around him so I joke, but I now understand I should switch it an be kind. I always apologize and tell him I was kidding or put a smiley face or reply and say something nice to make him feel better. I do probably need to just tell him I like him so he knows its just some problem I have.

Best Answer

You can always ask the guy out

Best Answer

I actually love it, but it has to be very obviously playful. If I'm holding something and I drop it, and she goes "You suck!" Not that mean, but still annoying. If she were to say something like "You look like a big fuzzy monkey butt" or something, that is obviously funny, and even hotter for how gentle it is.

Best Answer

You might want to ask yourself why you're being mean rather than if it's ok. It's actually fairly common. Fear of rejection and/or social anxiety are keeping you from saying what you want to say, so you're mean instead. It takes a lot of courage to tell someone you like them; at least at first. Once you get over that initial fear it won't be a big deal.

Best Answer

we hate it... its annoying..

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

Yes, I am not funny when I'm sarcastic at all, it comes off as mean, and people don't like that.<br />
Once I told my best guy friend that he was a magnificent bastard and the look I got, whola, he almost walked out of the store on me, my husband doesn't like it either, neither did my other best friend. Or anybody, I always get that horrid look from them. I was just joking, nope I've stopped joking around like that. <br />
I win people over way quicker by being kind.

Best Answer

Nope. Been doing it all my life and haven't had issues. Lol

Best Answer