elderwitch47 elderwitch47 46-50, F 8 Answers Nov 16, 2012 in Marriage

No. But if you think about leaving them, there is something wrong with the relationship. You need to be honest with them and talk to them. If you can't resolve your issue, leave BEFORE you get involved with anyone else.

Best Answer

we have talked and it is him not me...he was chatting up a girl on line and even though she is in another country I still have feelings of betrayal. Even though I knew of the friendship I didn't know of the attraction...I feel like a fool and like I had blinders on.

Best Answer

If it is just a friendship, what are you worried about? Do both of you believe the other should not have friends of the opposite sex?

Best Answer

of course not it is complicated....he has DID and it was another personality that wanted the relationship not the man I married. Him and I have always had friendships with both genders...we trust one another... this is something that was unexpected and has thrown us both for a loop.

Best Answer

Both? How is this looping him? I'm not being confrontational, I just want to understand the situation. I've made great female friends here on EP. My wife knows I use this site. She does not care who I talk to here because she knows it is an escape for me. I don't violate her trust.

Best Answer

it is a difficult situation and you are not being confrontational at all... he has split personality disorder...he is coming to grips with it...slowly...but the other personality is the one who wanted to leave to meet up with this girl...not him.. he told me...and now he it like now what?...We both use this site I have male friends as well as female and he has many female friends here as well this one was off site on a chat...he was unaware it was going on... that is what has thrown us both.

Best Answer

That is complicated. But if he was unaware it was going on, how does he know the other personality wants to meet this girl? I don't envy you. I'm not sure how to handle that. I have no experience with split personality disorders.

Best Answer

That is happening probably because the other alter is very fragmented.

Best Answer

The alter did it when he came out and it trickeled through the system until he found out, I'm sure.

Best Answer

The other pesonality was going to get a debt card for her when he went to use it for us the company alerted him..and that is when it was found out...I was aware of the switching he was not...again complicated and since we knew it was this one girl who triggered it he blocked her. I am left with the emotions of what could have happened...logically I know it is not cheating but emotionally I can't get my head around it...thus the question...

Best Answer

yes the other alter did do it and hubby was unawares as was I....we have narrowed down the approx. age of the new alter but that is all...he is shut down and is feeling neither feeling emotions or thoughts at present...I don't know what I am doing..I admit I am lost...the shoe is usually on the other foot. but you no that... if you can mail me so we can talk.

Best Answer

I have had those feelings also, and I do not leave, just a break from the norm for awhile.

Best Answer

yeah that is what got my attention...he wasn't acting like himself. But we are trying to find our way back.

Best Answer

good luck and I hope everything works out

Best Answer

thanks.

Best Answer

No, not at all. Until you act, you're still faithful.

Best Answer

logically that is how I feel but emotionally not sure.

Best Answer

It is my opinion that if your are thinking about this you are already at least half way committed to the actual undertaking.

Best Answer

I would agree if they were in the same country...thankfully they are not.

Best Answer

Not if you didn't do anything first

Best Answer

No, that is just deceptive.

Best Answer