My girlfriend tells me she is going to call at a certain time and has me wait to receive her call. So I wait and wait and wait. She doesn't get back with me until the next day or night. She could have sent a text, email or voice message, but she didn't feel like it. Why tell me to expect your call? When I question her about this, I'm being stupid. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I don't leave people hanging around waiting or worrying. I expect the same. Do I have a right to be irritated, or is this what I'm supposed to expect from someone who loves me?
Doggonnit Doggonnit 41-45, M 11 Answers Sep 4, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

I expect this from women so it doesn't massively bother me.

Best Answer

I see you are a veteran at this. I know what you're saying. I guess I'm hoping it doesn't have to be like that.

Best Answer

Yes, you have every right to be upset. Leaving someone hanging is just wrong, just sending you a text (which takes like a minute) would be enough. Girlfriend or not, nothing's justifiable if you say something and you dodn't do it because "you didn't feel like it".

Best Answer

HAHA....that sounds very familiar.....for me its just become the norm, I no longer expect anything else. You should let her know that she should treat people how she wants to be treated. If she gets away with treating you that way, you are teaching her that is is ok to continue to do so.

Best Answer

Thank you, for this response. I have actually been treated like this before, and it ended badly. I'm trying to avoid a repeat of disaster by talking this out with her. But she just doesn't get it.

Best Answer

mmmh saying you will do stuff....then not doing it ....and then not listening to you when you try and tell her how it makes you feel? why would you tolerate such sloppy treatment? I'd give her six more strikes and then consider breaking up

Best Answer

I have learned along time ago, don't put your life on hold for anyone.

Best Answer

You are wise. We should all remember that our happiness matters.

Best Answer

she is being thoughtless and you have every right to be upset. if she says she's going to do something she should actually do it. its unfair to you.

Best Answer

Um... Im not in a relationship so I don't know.

Best Answer

I dont have a girlfriend

Best Answer

when i tell her im going todo something i do it when she tells me she is going to do something she doesnt do it but if she tells someone else she is going to do something she does it. i am tired of it i'm her boyfriend and i do what i say i'm going to do and she never does what she say she is going to do . i'm always their for her but she isn't their for me

Best Answer