Sounds like prof is trying to teach how to meet deadlines. A bit punitive. The problem is in the world of work where juggling several deadlines simultaneously and something has to give. A reduced paycheck is worse punishment.

Best Answer

Ahhh---I see you showed up late for class and then tried to use that as an excuse for not knowing when to hand in the paper. This will teach you to show up on time.

Best Answer

Lol, I didn't use it as an excuse. I normally get to class on time, that particular day I pulled something in my leg, so I was walking slow that day. But i was only like 2-3 mins late, not super late

Best Answer

But I mean it's still ridiculous to deduct 20 points off for something you turned in the same day and class period.

Best Answer

I guess he's trying to make a point. Personally, I'd wonder why my friends in class didn't tell me.

Best Answer

I guess so. I've heard he's a jerk, though. I don't have any friends in that class, but a girl that sat near me told me at the end of class when I asked about it.

Best Answer

20 points off what, for God's sake? Complete the sentence!

Best Answer

I did, it's in the information under the question. I couldn't fit it all in the question.

Best Answer

20 points off my assignment grade.

Best Answer

Way it should be!

Best Answer

If others in the class knew that it was supposed to be turned in at the beginning, you probably missed something he said. If no one else knew to turn it in at the beginning, then you are probably justified in your complaint.

Best Answer

I had walked in like 3 mins late and wasn't told about it until the end of class by students sitting near me.

Best Answer