Questionator Questionator 26-30 80 Answers Apr 14, 2011

Question of the Day

When I was younger I didn't care what anyone else thought about whom I was dating, however I have since learned that friends and family often see things more clearly than the person who is "in love". I think it foolish NOT to carefully consider the input of friends in such an important decision.

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

It does matter what they think, but it will be of little to no consequence on my choice. Friends (the real close kind) are like lovers but without the sexual aspect, so there's not going to be a big difference in mentality between those friends and the person who I go with...

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

When you're looking through those rose-colored, heart shaped glasses, things get blurry. It's good if your friends are honest with you about why they don't like your date.

Best Answer

well im not sure i have seen many women have conversations about a guy and they like ooohh hes lovely and hes ended up been a 'wrongun'. i dont think you should totally dismiss someones opinion but people say someone is nice or not nice without even knowing the person

Best Answer

Absolutely not. Half of my friends don't even know when I begin or end a relationship.

Best Answer

In a small measure for me... In the measure each one of us lets the people around us to influence us

Best Answer

Nope.

Best Answer

There must be a reason as to why your friends were blessed to have opinions about your date. Might less well listen and then decide for yourself what to do next. It's just an opinion after all. Let it influence you or not, it's your decision in the end, honey.

Best Answer

6yrs ago i would have said no... atm i say yes.

Best Answer

If you have to ask that question, you are not ready to date. Hang out in groups and become a mature individual first.

Best Answer

i don't date ...but only people it matters to is my kids

Best Answer

Yes unless Im totally besotted then if they have a problem I ignore it because Im blinded by chemicals.

Best Answer

ok the correct answer would be no it doesn't matter but reality has no absolutes and it is always in your best interest to chose a partner that your friends approve as they'll be the pillars of strength when the relationship is rocky... probably that is why arranged marriages go so much further than the other form of marriage( you know the one you get to chose a partner for yourself).

i mean isn't arranged marriage the ultimate partner choice by other people?

Best Answer

Sometimes your friends might have some valid advice, but its basically up to you. I'd sift it around for a while before making a decision.

Best Answer

It matters! most of the time it's their ex's.

Best Answer

yes, friends see the bad side of the person we dated. They saw what we can't see.

But it's up to us to believe in them and what we should follow. They can't decide for us, we have our own thinking and decisions on life.

Best Answer

No, if it someone that I truly like spending time with then I don't care what my friends think. However, when one of my friends voices a concern about someone I'm spending time with I try to listen to them and try to see their side of the story because a lot of times I can be blinded by love or lust or whatever and I won't see things that I don't want to.

Best Answer

Its my date & why should i allow someone else opinion?

Best Answer

I would say no because they are not the ones going to be in the relationship but its best if they do get along with the person because its nice to have them get along in social gatherings and if the relationship doesn't work out, who better to fall on than your friends.

Best Answer

It depends on the situation. If your friends know already the personality of a guy. I think they have the right to express their opinion to help you to decide. If they don't know the guy. They should respect your decision.

Best Answer