They've been dating for over a year, and he doesn't refer to her by her name.. Just "the girlfriend." (Well, to me anyway. He never says her name around me, which I prefer.. but I am curious to know if I am over thinking this....) There was an un-official history, and for sake of her over reacting and getting jealous, I was referred to as just a " friend" when we hung out last.
PixelatedxMess PixelatedxMess 22-25, F 5 Answers Jun 14, 2011

Sounds like it's because of your relationship with her. If you were friends with her he would probably call her by her first name to you. Not a big deal, people do it all the time.

Best Answer

I don't see anything wrong with him doing that.

Best Answer

Don't worry about it. You're over thinking this.

Best Answer

In movies and tv shows, when men always call their woman not by their name but by, "the wife" or "my old lady" "my girl" "my woman" they are trying to sound macho. If they say it to another woman that is just a friend, they are interested in the friend and are trying to minimize the wife to her, usually portraying her as some naggy annoying mom character when it is not really the truth, and he is like a teenager trying to escape her oppressive rule, in an effort to get the girl "friend" who he wants sex from, to be sympathetic towards him and in order to justify his cheating in his own mind so he doesn't feel as guilty. really painful to watch!

Best Answer

It would be bad if he calls her girlfriend when talking to her. Sounds a bit like Tarzan. Nah it's ok. It would be bad if he referred to her as just "friend" instead of g-friend.

Best Answer