I remember when my mom took away my computer and yelled at me 'stop talking to STUPID geeky people!' I have geeks and nerds as my only friends cause they accept me, I'm one too. They've done nothing wrong. When i come home from school, I talk about my friends, and she likes to quickly change the subject. Sometimes It'll make her mad that I've been talking to 'nerds' or 'geeks' and I feel like i've done something bad by talking to them. My mom said 'you don't have to be friends with geeky people!' My mom was at mcDonald's once and a polite, nerdy looking fellow was serving. She went off at him for not giving her enough salt
Caraousell Caraousell 18-21, M 8 Answers Dec 10, 2012 in Hobbies

Definitely sounds like she has issues. Not your problem to fix her, just keep your head down & survive her.

Best Answer

sounds like your mom is still in high school !

Best Answer

O fa'chris'sakes---he joined EP today!

Best Answer

That has no relevance to the question.

Best Answer

Pegassus is right. I'd say it's obvious your mom has something against people who don't immediately strike her as being part of the cool kids group or in-crowd, but only she knows for sure and only she can tel you the reasons why.<br />
It does strike me as strange for an adult to act this way. It sounds like she has some leftover issues from when she was a teen.

Best Answer

I think she's jelous because the vast majority of geeks make more money then her, and probably end up being her boss.

Best Answer

Your mom sounds immature and stuck-up. Tell her to grow up and stop being so ridiculously judgemental.

Best Answer

Ask her, not us.

Best Answer