You're able to see another decade get started.....and it's depressing? Well I wonder how the homeless people feel? And what about the people who have terminal illnesses or missing limbs, or the ones who are fighting the war and have been away from their families, and the ones who have lost loved ones, and the people who don't even realize that it's going to be 2010. There is SO MUCH that a person needs to be grateful for. I will never, ever, feel depressed about another day of living. Tomorrow is not promised and too many people take it for granted that they will be here and in good health.

Best Answer

No -- I'm just kind of neutral about it. Was never a party person, so I rarely went out to celebrate, though it was nice to have a gig on New Year's Eve when I played in bands. Actually the only sad thing about it to me is no more Guy Lombardo -- and I don't even like his music. But I grew up watching him onTV on New year's, all those "champagne" bubbles filling the air behind him as the band played "Auld Lang Syne" and I miss that sense of continuity and tradition.

Best Answer

No, New Years is just another day, like Christmas or any other holiday. Every day is a new day, except for the ones I suspect are recycled, and each new day offers a ray of hope, the possibility of a new beginning, and the offer of new experiences.

Best Answer

its the beginning of another year and it also brings back bad memories from about 3 new-year-eves ago

Best Answer

everyday's the same

Best Answer

No, because it promises higher hope. And I am sure I will get it, since nobody can rob it from me: it is greater knowledge shared by more people on the Internet.

Best Answer

Not as depressing as christmas, but thats cuz im hammered on New Years.

Best Answer

no, but christmas sure does!

Best Answer