or is such apathy caused by being constantly stoned
crystalkiss crystalkiss 36-40 15 Answers Jun 24, 2009

It distorts your thinking. It will be difficult to remember simple things. Take a combination for instance. like 23-18-42. My brother couldn't remember a simple combination after 20yrs. of smoking pot. Also, he always seems mentally out there. Like not getting the most basic things people just know. It's as if he has no intuition. How to act in a given situation or what to say. I have another brother, that made a remark on what the pot smoking brother recently did or did not do...something so basic a person half his age should know. The point is, you can't be upset....b/c he doesn't even have a clue how off he is. That is how we all have come to terms with him....he just doesn't have a clue. I have to state, I really think it's from the pot and sadly I don't think he can ever go back, I believe the damage is already done.

Best Answer

all good points...won't argue with any of them...just give you my point. I am a cancer survivor and have prolonged back pain...i know smoking helps with this.

Best Answer

smoking marijuana even once distorts your reality, but you can't tell marijuana smokers that because they do not realize that- and until they not only stop smoking marijuana but also get on another path altogether and distance themselves from that world completely will they realize how distortiing it is. I sure hope you are not thinking of taking this path. I used to think aw what the heck, and admire the books who supported teens doing whatever they needed to to experiement. But now I realize that people in our world idealize marijauna smokers so much that even people who DON'T smoke marijuana, and I am talking even holy ministers and sweet grandmothers and mothers do not recognize often that the young people they support above others are often marijuana smokers. Why? We idealize marijuana smokers because it DOES in fact give a person charisma and the appearance of inteligence, like they are above everything, and it makes them appear so relaxed- and people are drawn to relaxed people.<br />
But the cool appearance is just that: an appearance! And their smoking affects their behavior and thus without even saying a word they are encouraging others to want to be just like them. Those who aren't like them question themselves and say 'hm, how come I am not as cool or relaxed as that person' and they may later discover the secret that it is marijuana that is giving the person this appearance. Problem is, the young people smoking though they may appear alot more liberated and free than the other young people, they are actually now percieving reality through a distorted lense, and though they pretty much fool the general population, smart people realize that their judgements are off etc. <br />
Of course it isn't only marijuana that does this too a person. Pride can have the very same effect among many other things too. But marijauana does distort reality. And numb your emotions- yes, it distorts those too. In away you may feel more deeply about things when smoking marijuana, but numb to people and things you used to feel emotion over. And the things you do feel emtional about while smoking dope are distorted emotions.

Best Answer

It depends a lot on the age of the user. Excessive use during adolescence while the brain is still developing can cause a lot of problems. That is why it needs to be made legal and regulated properly, and why we need proper education about use instead of demonisation.<br />
Cannabis does help to stabilise my moods, so yes, you could say it "numbs emotions" to a point. Excessive use of any phychedelic drug can distort ones perception of "reality".<br />
DreamWizard is quite correct about difficulties with certain mathematical, logical and memory-based activities. It's very difficult for me to learn languages whilst high. Luckily all the side effects cease immediatly when one stops taking cannabis.

Best Answer